New Guy in Wisconsin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone and thank you for making this site available! I had a basic lightweight Traditions inline when I lived out west which was great for the back country (no optics or pellets allowed). I enjoyed the loose powder and loved that rifle, but unfortunately had to sell during a recent move. Anyways, I'm wanting to get back into it and it seems like now there are so many more options, I'm going a little crazy trying to make decisions... Hoping you can help me with that:)

Welcome from Oklahoma.
You might look at the new Traditions 45 caliber rifles that are just about available now.
My first inline was a Traditions Buckstalker. Shot a lot of deer with that little gun.
I've got all CVA guns now. Mostly sidehammers but also a couple inlines. I was at the range this morning and got my CVA Wolf all sighted in. For a cheaper model, it sure is accurate.

Welcome from S.Ohio! Lots of information on this forum and the guys are more than welcome to help you out with anything that you have questions about!

Thank you all for the kind hellos... My really confusion is regarding the Remington 700 UML. I have an opportunity to buy one from a friend at a bargain. It's basically over kill for his tree stand shooting and has a lighter weight omega he prefers.
I don't mind the weight of it and like the idea of the potential accuracy or taking a 150+ yard shot. However, trying to decide if it's too much to monkey with trying to get specific primers, the special brass, etc. I have large rifle primers, but no magnums and not sure how easy you can find them.

Back