New Lehigh ML in the works

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea if the frame be capable of higher pressure rounds? I alway wanted a contender 5.5 lb in .243.

So did they basically copy the encore, looks awful similar. and if so did they improve the trigger and hinge pin, nice looking gun just not interested in break action guns anymore. but it looks good

Well your pistol permit statement isn't correct.
Unfortunately NY State is still very much a crony, judge discretion state. Up here in Warren County, the judge gives out target/hunting permits initially, and if you renew, he will upgrade to unrestricted concealed carry.
A non resident will never get a concealed carry permit, only target/hunting.
One of the many problems with a single party state, like Mass, and Illinois, and Rhode Island.

A decent looking rifle, as far as break action goes.
What advantage would I see over the 2 Encores I already have up and running, using 209, and 25 acp brass/sr primers?

It is for Oneida and Madison counties. All permits are issued for concealed carry. Some have restriction for use but they still are CCP. It's not hard to get restrictions changed here, I know I use to work in a gun shop.

Any reason why they did not install ramrod guides and include a ramrod? Ok for bench shooting but for hunting I would prefer the ramrod be with the rifle and not worry about carrying something else.

Any reason why they did not install ramrod guides and include a ramrod? Ok for bench shooting but for hunting I would prefer the ramrod be with the rifle and not worry about carrying something else.
It's a prototype gun. It comes with a different action and ramrod in place when done.

So did they basically copy the encore, looks awful similar. and if so did they improve the trigger and hinge pin, nice looking gun just not interested in break action guns anymore. but it looks good

Contender right now, barrel for Encores is next hopefully.

Nice price. Here in Michigan its gonna cost me $115 to renew my cpl.

We’re getting lucky here in Indiana. Starting June 2020 our CC license is becoming a 5yr (up from 4yr) and are going to be completely, free. We also are offered a lifetime license and the price on those are going down but will still cost $125 (from $175)
I think it was a compromise because we had one representative pushing hard for constitutional carry for the last several years.

Side note, Iowa recently made it legal for me to carry my pistol concealed and carry my bow while bowhunting. A few months ago, I renewed my carry concealed permit, I handed the nice lady a check for $25, showed her my onetime online training certificate, filled out my form, and received my new permit a week later.

Indiana did the same several years back. Also legal to pack a long gun while archery hunting to take out coyotes etc...

but our regs state “must be capable of being loaded from only the muzzle” doesn’t state bullet and powder but I assume that’s exactly, what’s implied.

From regs book:
Muzzleloading firearms must be .44 caliber or larger, loaded with a single bullet of at least .357 caliber. Saboted bullets are allowed, provided the bullet is .357 caliber or larger. A muzzleloading firearm must be capable of being loaded from only the muzzle. Multiple-barrel muzzleloading long guns are allowed.

Muzzleloading handguns are allowed. The muzzleloading handgun must be single shot, .50 caliber or larger, loaded with bullets at least .44 caliber and have a barrel at least 12 inches long, measured from the base of the breech plug excluding tangs and other projections to the end of the barrel, including the muzzle crown.

I need one that fits Mountaineer 45 and Super DISC 45. Both should be about the same muzzle OD.

Looks like a nice starter. But IMO, if you need a starter for sabotless shooting, your fit is too tight.

Iowa carry permits are $25 (maybe $50, can't remember for sure) for 5 years. Concealed or open.

Shooting sabotless with this new ML has been fairly easy. But shooting sabots not so easy. I think Lehigh has a pretty good load now for sabots I shot the other day. The sabots and targets look very good. Tried posting pics but I guess some users on photobucket gotta wait a while till a problem is fixed.

On another note I just saw Jim Shockley dumped Nosler for hornady. Gotta be for money that’s for sure??

Back