new maryland law no muzzle season for me now all year

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to me that state land in Maryland doesn't really belong to the people but rather a small group of special interest parties, who get more say about what happens on state land than the general citizenry.
Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't seem right somehow.
Although, in my life experiences, I've learned that what's right and what's legal aren't always the same thing.

Baltimore & Annapolis.
Maryland is a beautiful state …
Unfortunately the two fore mentioned act as monarchs for the whole state.

First off this bill hasn't passed yet to become law. Just reading the above, doesn't say if it includes both sexes. I have hunted here in VA. on a kill permit from a farmer the last several years, it's doe only, no bucks unless they are antlerless.
If this does pass, just make friends with a farmer that has deer crop damage. Once they obtain the permits to take deer, with proven crop damage, you are in business. I use the meat and will not kill a doe with young!
Only thing is the permit here is good July-September when the crops are growing. Yes, it's hot/humid. I try to go when its cooler after a rain or cold front goes through. I also take the meat to a processor so it doesn't spoil which can occur fast.

Last edited:
A farm I hunt did this last couple years. Does avoid it now. You really need to pre scout before a hunt. Trail cameras are now required.

Back