New QRBP for Blackhorn 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol!: Love that firing pin adjustment! As long as thats adjusted nicely, you should have no problems with a factory QRBP or even the old Accura V1 style plug. Just keep it de-carboned or else the build up can affect your accuracy after 15 or so shots.

8750 said:
Colorado, Im surprised the PB did that to a tree. Ive heard so much about bullet failure on here and my local shop.

I agree except for the Platinum. It doesn't expand as fast as the other PB's, and is meant to penetrate more.

i'd still feel a lot more comfortable with the 338 Platinum for elk.

The 300gr kicks hard enough, and after looking at the tree. I feel ok with it.

Hell, I was going to use a 250gr Thor. I know the Thor has good expansion, but a 50cal bullet is already a big hole. Shot through both lungs and it's a dead elk. :arrow: Dead

:D
Pete,
I thought you liked that WOLF you have been shooting :!: What happened to make you change your mind :?: :scratch:

Ray.......... :)

I do for a muzzleloader during ML season.

However, it can hardly compete with a CF if I decide to hunt the rifle season.

In Colorado. It's much easier to get a rifle season tag. Too many out of state hunters are bloating the ML season. I still wish we had a primitive ML season. I'd have the whole area to myself.

:D

Understandable Pete. I see your point. Here in IL. we have a "ML'er ONLY SEASON" after the 7 day firearm, (shotgun, pistol and ml'er), season.
This is an issue thats drives me nuts becasue it happened to me last season. (It was my own fault and I should have known. No excuse).
During the first 3 days of the firearm season you can only use your firearm permits (tags). Last year I shot the small 6PT rack large body deer opening morning. During the 2nd firearm season, I had bucks all over me. I didn't know you can use your muzzleloader tag during the second season but not the first. I sat in the blind and watched 6 or 7 bucks play out in front of my blind. I later found out I could have used my ML'er tag to take another buck. I kicked myself in the A$$ for not knowing but it was fun just watching them at 65 yards. I was lucky to take a buck and a doe last season but I know the law this year.

Ray........... :)

I recieved my new plug from CVA today. Only 3 days!, when ehy told me 7-10. This one is in great shape. The machineing is perfect and the threads are ok. No rust on this one either.

Chaded, they sent this one USPS, $1.88

FG, Ill mail you the bad one on Monday.

This one did have a little damage to the threads and I am positive it came from the wrench that is supplied with the plug. You might want to suggest to CVA to package those seperate.

So they sent your first one ups and this one usps? lol. They sent my second frame ups. This time it was in a small padded envelope that was in a large padded envelope and wasnt marked up or anything. They also gave me a 30% coupon on anything too. Guess i may use that one a bergara barrel for my pro hunter if i decide to buy one brand new.

The customer service doesn't sound so bad now. They made some mistakes, but went out of their way to make up for it.

I wouldn't necessary say they went out of there way. My gun broke due to manufacture error and has a lifetime warranty that covers that. I wouldn't expect anything less then what they did. Gun breaks, fix it or send a new one or new part out.

Let you keep both frames, and give you a 30% coupon. You think TC will do that? Good luck.

The people in CS didn't build the gun. You can't blame them for a failure.

T/C makes a great gun as does CVA. I don't think Chaded is committing a sin by switching to a Pro Hunter.

No Tony i committed 2 sins, switching to the pro hunter and a .45 caliber ;)

Tony said:
T/C makes a great gun as does CVA. I don't think Chaded is committing a sin by switching to a Pro Hunter.
Of course not. Both are good guns. I just think he gave up on the Accura for a silly reason. I know how annoying it is to have a new gun break, and not get the instant service we all want. In the end, CVA treated him good, and I think tried to make it up to keep him as a customer.

If he just wants a Pro Hunter that's fine. I think they're overpriced. Like all TC's. I didn't have great results from TC customer service. They tried, but in the end had no fix for the gun. It was a flaw in the design. They also sent me parts that didn't fit, because they were from another model. They didn't send the wrong part. They sent what they thought would work, and it didn't.

One thing i'm sure of. The Pro Hunter won't be anymore accurate than the Accura, and maybe not as accurate. Isn't that the bottom line for what we want from a gun?

Anyway, my .02

We all have a own personal experiences with customer service and mine with cva was crap. I was more then patient with them and didnt want instant service per say. But taking well over a month for a problem like i had wasnt acceptable. And btw cva was only quick to give me the things they did after i had stated i will no longer be shooting there guns. They are good guns and i will not dispute that and from the start i never have. My accura was a tack drive...the 3 times i got to shoot it. We sometimes are quick to give our opinions but dont always know the entire circumstance since it wasnt us that went threw it. What may be acceptable customer service to you might not be for me.

I can vouch for the Encore. Solid gun. Made as a centerfire that can handle 375 H&H. As accurate as any. CVA has stepped it up recently. Both deserve a look.

chaded said:
We all have a own personal experiences with customer service and mine with cva was crap. I was more then patient with them and didnt want instant service per say. But taking well over a month for a problem like i had wasnt acceptable. And btw cva was only quick to give me the things they did after i had stated i will no longer be shooting there guns. They are good guns and i will not dispute that and from the start i never have. My accura was a tack drive...the 3 times i got to shoot it. We sometimes are quick to give our opinions but dont always know the entire circumstance since it wasnt us that went threw it. What may be acceptable customer service to you might not be for me.
Well, you had a better experience with CVA than I did with TC. You got your gun fixed, and a 30% coupon. All I got was a gun that wasn't fixed. That was when TC was TC. Not sure how TC will be now that S&W runs them. S&W may not be as generous as TC used to be.

Anyway, good luck with your new gun. Watch out for c-clips. :clown:

Ive talked to people that has had great customer service with TC. Point is that every company has there issues and whatnot and we have the choice to buy and sell and buy again from whatever company we want. You had bad customer service with TC, i see your shooting a cva now. Thats fine. I had bad customer service with cva, im now shooting a TC now. In most cases if a person doesnt have a good experience with a company one time they usually won't take the chance at going with the company again. Im thankful for the choices we have and the fact that we dont have to stick with a certain company if we dont want to.

Back