New speed loader type

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Static will not set off BH209. Nor will it set off Black powder.

Used mine at the range today and I have to say they are pretty slick. I was impressed at how easily the powder flowed through. They will work great for my hunt.

I`ve always used the t/c quick shot loaders for years but the tops seem to come loose and then powder everywhere in my possible bag. So I decided to experiment with carrying bullets and powder separately in tubes. Big failure for me.
About 3 years ago I shot a buck and tried a reload. Buck fever must of hit me. I put the bullet in 1st! After some quick manipulation I was reloaded but 2nd shot was not needed. Last year I carried separate tubes again and tried a quick reload and half the powder didn`t make it down the barrel. I think i will order 1 and follow ELDiablos example and use it at the range to get comfortable with it. I like the idea of the tube going down the barrel. Sorry for the rant. Thanks for listening.

Used one this weekend after nailing a 5x5 bull at 35 yards. Worked perfectly, but thanks to a well placed 300 grain Thor, the bull literally collapsed where I shot him so a follow up shot was not required. Wouldn’t mind a spot to keep a 209 primer in the loader though.

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, and I'm actually the inventor/owner of Cedar Mountain Quick Loaders. It's great to hear some feedback on it. It was well over a year in the making, and I wasn't sure how well it would be received, but it sounds like many of you like it as much as I do.

ElDiablo did an excellent review and actually described many of the features better than we do in our own site. And, no, I don't know Diablo, but I appreciate his attention to detail.

I always welcome feedback on how I can improve my product. It will probably never be 100% perfect by everyone's standards, but I do try to accommodate suggestions as much as possible. For example, I have already designed a primer holder that will integrate nicely with the existing loader but won't require the purchase of a brand new loader. I plan to make a 209 holder and a Variflame holder and hope to have those available in the late winter/early spring.

What other suggestions do you have?

For those who have them:
1. Are you satisfied with the tightness of the powder tubes in the loader? I designed them tight so they wouldn't work loose, but did I overdo it?
2. What was the main reason you bought it?

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to answer them.

First suggestion that comes to mind is to advertise them for use with all Bp subs! No reason guys can’t use them with 777, Pyrodex and black. The other thing I like it for, as I said above, is loading while seated/prone.

Otherwise I think you nailed it on your first attempt. Nothing I would change about it. I store the 209 with the bullet so adding that wouldn’t appeal to me.

I may stop by and visit you Tuesday , I’ll be passing thru Cedar on the way to my daughters muzzleloader deer hunt. I texted you a few days ago.

First suggestion that comes to mind is to advertise them for use with all Bp subs! No reason guys can’t use them with 777, Pyrodex and black. The other thing I like it for, as I said above, is loading while seated/prone.

Otherwise I think you nailed it on your first attempt. Nothing I would change about it. I store the 209 with the bullet so adding that wouldn’t appeal to me.
Yes, I appreciated that finding. I know it sounds pretty foolish of me, but I never did test them with other subs in the development stage. Early on I actually told a number of people that I didn't think it would work well with other subs because I thought there was a possibility that small granules could become trapped between the moving parts of the loader. However, I have learned from you and others that they work just fine. So I have updated some of the wording on my site accordingly, but I still need to update the video.

As for the seated/prone suggestion, that is a great suggestion. I need to point that out as a benefit on my site.

Please do! When did you text me? I don't know if I got it.
I'm also hunting next Wednesday. I'll be on the PV unit.
I guess I didn’t text you yet, I had emailed your website asking about a store in Cedar. You replied with a phone number and I was going to text you when I get to town. That was last Monday.

Will you be around on tuesday morning? Also hunting PV unit.
Actually I’ll just text you now.

Last edited:
FYI, I adapted mine to accept a 54 caliber sabot and bullet. I was able to remove some of the taper from the bullet cylinder and shortened the foam insert. Works perfectly with both 50 and 54 cal. I don't have a 45 rifle but 45 bullet also works well with no rattle.

Nice product.

FYI, I adapted mine to accept a 54 caliber sabot and bullet. I was able to remove some of the taper from the bullet cylinder and shortened the foam insert. Works perfectly with both 50 and 54 cal. I don't have a 45 rifle but 45 bullet also works well with no rattle.

Nice product.
I just found your email in my spam trap from several days ago. I'm really sorry I didn't see it and get back to you about this sooner. You are the first I know of to do this by the way.

Back