New speed loader type

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, and I'm actually the inventor/owner of Cedar Mountain Quick Loaders. It's great to hear some feedback on it. It was well over a year in the making, and I wasn't sure how well it would be received, but it sounds like many of you like it as much as I do.

ElDiablo did an excellent review and actually described many of the features better than we do in our own site. And, no, I don't know Diablo, but I appreciate his attention to detail.

I always welcome feedback on how I can improve my product. It will probably never be 100% perfect by everyone's standards, but I do try to accommodate suggestions as much as possible. For example, I have already designed a primer holder that will integrate nicely with the existing loader but won't require the purchase of a brand new loader. I plan to make a 209 holder and a Variflame holder and hope to have those available in the late winter/early spring.

What other suggestions do you have?

For those who have them:
1. Are you satisfied with the tightness of the powder tubes in the loader? I designed them tight so they wouldn't work loose, but did I overdo it?
2. What was the main reason you bought it?

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to answer them.
is the 209 primer holder available yet ?
and congratulations on having your loaders also available from Anarchyoutdoors :)

https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/search.php?search_query=Cedar Mountain&section=product

The 209 primer holder is almost ready! Better late than never I guess. I'm just finalizing packaging, pricing, etc., but these should be ready to release within the next 2-3 weeks. I know some of you have been waiting patiently. Let me know what you think.View attachment 34442
Heck yeah I’ll take a few of them. I got these last yr to use & they were pretty practical to use, other than being expensive.
But for using 209’s they’d be great. Variflames will prob fit in them too right?

Attachments

• 7D8FCD4F-1E45-49E2-92EE-668760FD1B33.jpeg
    7D8FCD4F-1E45-49E2-92EE-668760FD1B33.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Heck yeah I’ll take a few of them. I got these last yr to use & they were pretty practical to use, other than being expensive.
But for using 209’s they’d be great. Variflames will prob fit in them too right?
Variflames will probably be a bit too tight in these, so the plan is to make a different variation for Variflames. What is the OD on a Variflame?

Variflames will probably be a bit too tight in these, so the plan is to make a different variation for Variflames. What is the OD on a Variflame?

Attachments

• 63FA0AAC-CB81-478F-A872-A4E8498C2035.jpeg
    63FA0AAC-CB81-478F-A872-A4E8498C2035.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
The 209 primer holder is almost ready! Better late than never I guess. I'm just finalizing packaging, pricing, etc., but these should be ready to release within the next 2-3 weeks. I know some of you have been waiting patiently. Let me know what you think.View attachment 34442
Great addition. I'm sure to get these.

Wow, what a cool gimmick that I don't really need.
I don't need it either but I'm still going to get them. It's another thing that I won't forget when I go into the woods as I sometimes do.Now if you could devise one that also held the bullet. It never ceases to amaze me that we'll spend thousands on the muzzy's but not on something simple and relatively inexpensive that makes life easier.

Last edited:
Can the 209 be put in the other way (small end out) for break open guns? As pictured I would have to pick the 209 out of the holder and turn it around before inserting it into the breech plug.

Looks great any thoughts on #11 and musket caps?

Back