nikon inline xr muzzleloader scope discontinued?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBAhunter

Reaction score
Do they still make this scope? or is the Nikon Prostaff P3 Muzzleloader Scope taking it's place? Inline XR has 5 inches of eye relief and the P3 has 3.6 inches. Don't know how I would feel about the BDC reticle.

Hopefully that's a misprint on the 3.6" eye relief. I know I won't buy any if it really does have 3.6", the 5" on the older models works great for myself and the kids.

I sent an older Omega scope in a couple of months ago because the tube was squished by someone putting too much torque on the ring screws, Nikon replaced it with a new XR scope free of charge, I'm guessing there are still many for sale.

I wouldn't let the BDC bother you, it works very well but you don't have to use it.

I saw a xr posted for sale today on another site for 130.00 if you are interested.

twild said:
I saw a xr posted for sale today on another site for 130.00 if you are interested.
New? Is it the silver model? That's what I'm looking for.

BuckDoeHunter said:
Hopefully that's a misprint on the 3.6" eye relief. I know I won't buy any if it really does have 3.6", the 5" on the older models works great for myself and the kids.

I sent an older Omega scope in a couple of months ago because the tube was squished by someone putting too much torque on the ring screws, Nikon replaced it with a new XR scope free of charge, I'm guessing there are still many for sale.

I wouldn't let the BDC bother you, it works very well but you don't have to use it.
I have Bushnell Trophy now. The previous Bushnell Trophy lasted only 2 yrs. (wouldn't hold zero anymore, didn't shoot heavy loads with it, did shoot alot though. C.S.R or Tech said reticle was probably loose, magnification ring had a rough spot in it, felt like it was grinding when changing between magnification powers)They did make it right and sent me a new one. I just got to thinking of maybe going with a different scope. I saw the Nikon with the 5" eye relief and thought it might be better for me. (more peace of mind with the more eye relief). I thought it may be better quality, too. The more I look at it, the more I like it. The BDC reticle is kinda growing on me...lol... but I need to go and take a peek through one and see how it is.

You can still find them muzzle-loaders.com has the silver for $219
https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/optics/s ... ilver.html

SWFA has 1 black in stock
https://swfa.com/nikon-3-9x40-inline-xr ... ope-5.html

But if it was my money i would try to find a deal on a Vortex Diamondback HP 3x12x42 or the 2x8x32 if you want more eye relief. Ive shot some brutal kickers and 4" has been enough for me. If a 385gr and a max load of BH209 dont bite me with my Redfield i cant imagine what would. Ive got the same Redfield scope on my NULA shooting a 275gr over 2200fps. Never been bit by either.

The Nikon Prostaff P3 Muzzleloader 3-9x40 BDC 300 replaced it, and (if you like it) is much cheaper (even free shipping) from classic firearms than anywhere else I could find.

They have a typo in the item title so I checked the Nikon part number and the UPC to make sure I was buying what I wanted. I bought the black (#16603 UPC 018208166039) and it came in 2 days (free shipping) was brand new... saved $40

The silver one is part#16604 UPC 018208166046 and looks like it's $180 from classic and over $200 everywhere else.

Latest posts

Back