No Iron Sights?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ram2

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed most of the latest inline muzzleloaders are no longer sold with iron sights?

ram2 said:
Has anyone else noticed most of the latest inline muzzleloaders are no longer sold with iron sights?

I did read someplace that CVA was not shipping their upper end rifles with open sights installed any longer. They are still available but not installed.

On the websight the Accura specifications indicate...

http://www.cva.com/rifles-accura.php

If you look at the other rifles in the upper end they are shown with out open sights.

Sights

It's just CVA as far as I know. They came out with all their models having a pre-mounted one piece ring and base but it's low so they leave the open sights off. The sights are sold seperately. I put a front sight on my Optima and there's no problem seeing with a scope on.

The Traditions Pursuit Ultralight I just got on Monday had iron sights on it. So did the other models in the store IIRC.

juthoff said:
The Traditions Pursuit Ultralight I just got on Monday had iron sights on it. So did the other models in the store IIRC.

The Traditions rifles I looked at at Cabelas 2 weeks ago did not have factory sights. Look at the Cabelas or Bass Pro websites.

It was probably just the shop I was at. It was actually one of the reasons I got the Traditions over the Optima that I had went there to get.

The fact it had sights and I was able to scope it over the sights was nice to have. You never know if you may need your sights. Especially if you, say, drop your rifle and break the scope in the field. Not saying it would happen to me. :D

Latest posts

Back