NULA won't go boom.......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scienceguy

Reaction score
I finally got some time to try out my NULA. Nice cool day, overcast skies. I cleaned the barrel, greased the breech plug with anti-sieze, all set to go. I put in a CCI 209 primer, pulled the trigger, nothing happened. I lifted the bolt slightly, and the gun fires all by itself. Thank goodness I didn't have it loaded! I repeated the same procedure five times, same thing. Gave Melvin a call, nobody there I'm sure until after the holiday. I'm guessing it's a trigger adjustment problem. You'd think they would have tested the firing mechanism before shipping it to me. Not the end of the world by any means, but frustrating for sure.

I was under the impression the Melvin shot ALL his guns before shipping them. Maybe he didn't because it being a muzzleloader? :huh?:

I double checked (Melvin's) , IF you have a scope mounted by him he will shoot and sight it in for you.

I have a new rifle from NULA. I'll see what happens when I start to work with it. What tool did you use to remove the breach plug? Any recommendations on how to do it before I try to remove mine for initial cleaning before load development? Thanks

I used a small socket wrench, an extension bar (I think mine was 10 or 12 inches) and a 7/16ths socket. You'll need the 1/4 inch drive system. Make sure you snap a few primers first before loading a full charge! I would have had some real fireworks if I hadn't done so.

Back