Omega Repair

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say about their "sought after-ness?" imho, they are simple, accurate, forgiving, well built, accurate, easy to care for, accurate, light weight, attractive, and last but not least, accurate. Other than maybe a couple that might have a problem with the qla, they are what the name implies, the Omega, the last ML you will need to buy. The design is so good that the CVA knockoff Kodiak was every bit as good as the Omega. It has a great feel and balance that's just so hard to beat.
I love to mod all my guns but its tough to find a way to improve these guns.

I would say about their "sought after-ness?" imho, they are simple, accurate, forgiving, well built, accurate, easy to care for, accurate, light weight, attractive, and last but not least, accurate. Other than maybe a couple that might have a problem with the qla, they are what the name implies, the Omega, the last ML you will need to buy. The design is so good that the CVA knockoff Kodiak was every bit as good as the Omega. It has a great feel and balance that's just so hard to beat.
Thank you! This sounds like the answer from a guy who owns one and not just quoting something they “heard“ on the internet.🤣

I don’t “need” another muzzleloader, but I may end up with an Omega eventually.

Retriever man I wondered the same thing couple years ago I bought one and then I brought another,, Michigan muzzy it's right handles well,, simple,, but for me what sold me was both rifles I have for extremely accurate with multiple bullets,,, I have another one that I brought for $50 the barrel and action was corroded up locked up,, managed to get the breach plug out when you look down the barrel there's really not even rifling there anymore it's hard to describe how terrible it looks,, it still shoots less than 2 in,,,

Oh yes, it'll shoot nearly anything well, has a decent hunting trigger, and will shoot BH209 without any bp mods and they also shoot pellets well because of their shorter breech plug. The breech plugs are inexpensive and readily available due to they're the same ones used in Encores. The firing pins are easy to remove and clean. If they have a down side i would say that its the trigger. They are pretty good as is but there are no aftermarket upgrades. You cant change it because its part of the falling block assembly. Possibly it could be taken apart and reworked but i dont think it would be worth it for a relatively minor improvement.

Thank you! This sounds like the answer from a guy who owns one and not just quoting something they “heard“ on the internet.🤣

I don’t “need” another muzzleloader, but I may end up with an Omega eventually.
If that was directed towards me. I own two an x7 and a z5 . No heard it from internet here, just real word experience.

Oh yes, it'll shoot nearly anything well, has a decent hunting trigger, and will shoot BH209 without any bp mods and they also shoot pellets well because of their shorter breech plug. The breech plugs are inexpensive and readily available due to they're the same ones used in Encores. The firing pins are easy to remove and clean. If they have a down side i would say that its the trigger. They are pretty good as is but there are no aftermarket upgrades. You cant change it because its part of the falling block assembly. Possibly it could be taken apart and reworked but i dont think it would be worth it for a relatively minor improvement.
I didn’t realize they used the same breech plug as an Encore. Is anyone using a Variflame plug? Or is it really needed?

Great accurate description. Well done & I couldn't agree more. I could have 10 of them in diff cal's & barrel twists & nuthin else & I'd be elated.

Thanks fellas. What mods/upgrades, if any, are typically done to these rifles? I see barrels discussed but that sounds pretty pricey for a rifle that already shoots good. What kind of accuracy can one expect from the T/C barrel and more importantly how much can it be improved with a new barrel?

Thanks fellas. What mods/upgrades, if any, are typically done to these rifles? I see barrels discussed but that sounds pretty pricey for a rifle that already shoots good. What kind of accuracy can one expect from the T/C barrel.......

The best upgrade done for the Omega rifle (s) here is to replace the breech plug with bestill' plug. The plug has a tungsten insert with a flash hole that won't wear out any time soon and is a tad longer than the factory plug. Being a tad longer means it makes a perfect seal using shorter primers like the CCI, and Federal primers. The one plug can be used in more than one Omega successfully.

[email protected]

Accuracy is near moa.

The best upgrade done for the Omega rifle (s) here is to replace the breech plug with bestill' plug. The plug has a tungsten insert with a flash hole that won't wear out any time soon and is a tad longer than the factory plug. Being a tad longer means it makes a perfect seal using shorter primers like the CCI, and Federal primers. The one plug can be used in more than one Omega successfully.

[email protected]

Accuracy is near moa.

why it’s at Jeff’s (if you send it in) pay the extra $25 and have Jeff work his magic on the trigger, you’ll be very happy!

I bought an omega for my dad when they first came out. He traded it away in months saying
the small trigger guard was too small for a gloved hand.
That is the ONLY thing I've ever heard anyone complain about on an Omega. The angle of the trigger and how it fits in the guard, if someone has big fingers and/or wearing big gloves.... there is definitely not much room, and it could be an issue.

Other than that (which hasn't been an issue for me) they are definitely one of the best production rifles ever made. IMO TC was stupid to quit making them, that is for sure. I have an X7 and a Dream Season, and sold a std Omega to my best friend. All shoot very well, just great rifles all around.

The only mod I did, I upgraded my ramrod to a GI ramrod with spin jag...

Back