• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE On gun broker now

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not know too much about either, but its new old stock, .45 cal., and i think its like 11 grooves and 11 lands. Thought that was unusual? Why so many? But 1:48 twist..3F7DB798-1B1E-410B-B5AC-589B9B802236.png

I always thought that Investarms used some of the best looking wood, on production guns, that you are likely to see.
I agree. I have several invest-arms including the Cabelas hawken they made and my Lymans. The Cabelas is just a investarms trade rifle basically . The one GPR i have had for over 40 years. Love that gun but in a 54 .
I was disappointed though when they changed from 1:66 to 1:60 twist

I agree. I have several invest-arms including the Cabelas hawken they made and my Lymans. The Cabelas is just a investarms trade rifle basically . The one GPR i have had for over 40 years. Love that gun but in a 54 .
I was disappointed though when they changed from 1:66 to 1:60 twist
I don’t understand why that .45 cal has so many lands and grooves? Is it sappose to stabilize the longer bullets better?

I don’t understand why that .45 cal has so many lands and grooves? Is it sappose to stabilize the longer bullets better?
That wasthe thought but also because people believed more lands and grooves created more contact points so the grooves didnt need to be as deep . Thats my understanding anyway. For what its worth 😁

Back