One for each hand............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a> CCI magnum caps.

Ok, you already have one of the ones with the largest I.D. You'll have to try another nipple. You don't need to stick to the nipple that's the same make as the gun. As long as the threads are the same it should work.

Here's the cap sizes.

Chart7_28_11.png

Thanks Pete,
As soon as I get back your going to have to explain that chart to me.

Ray

OK Pete,
I checked the dimensions of the nipple that TOW says is for a TC Patriot and here they are. This new nipple screws into the bolster without any trouble.
Cone length..........0.300"
Thread length.......0.200"
Overall length.......0.500"
Diameter of base...0.305"
When I compare the old one with the new one, the old one seems so much smaller in all the dimensions. For one it's a little shorter and the threads appear to be on a smaller base.
I just don't want to order a hole **** load of nipples and hope I can find one the I can get to work.

Ray.

Ray,

The nipple for the Patriot is very short and mine works best with Remington <a href='/tags/10' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #10'>#10</a> caps or RWS pistol caps. A long cap won't sit down far enough for the top to contact the top of the nipple. Finding a longer nipple with the same thread should allow you to use your CCI/Winchester caps.

What's the thread size for it Bob? is the short size needed for hammer angle?

Muley said:
What's the thread size for it Bob? is the short size needed for hammer angle?
I don't remember but it's listed in TOW.

This nipple isn't for a Patriot, is it?

Bob,
According to what TOW is selling, It's stated on the site in the nipple section that the one I bought was for a TC Patriot.
It screws down into the bolster and fits great and it's the same size as the old nipple but the difference is, the cone is thicker and it wouldn't let the cap to be seated on the nipple all the way down so when the hammer strikes the cap it does nothing.

Ray..............

Have you told TOW that Ray? Maybe they have a different one that will work.

If you've got the nipple issue solved - how about where to carry two pistols? Sash wrapped about your waist? Bandolier over a shoulder? I have two matched Kentucky pistols as well, and I still have not figured out how best to have both on my person with out some awkward arrangement...... so far a wide sash wrapped several time about my waist seemed to be the best option. I have a baldric and bucket shoulder bandolier but its not too great for moving freely about in the woods... If you've tried it out and found something that works let me know!

Back