Opening Day 8 Point

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smyrnagc

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Muzzleloader opened today in Tennessee and this buck walked right out in front of my ladder stand at 7:15 (sunrise 6:15). 45 yards!
- Knight DISC Extreme 50 cal.
- 100 grains BH209
- Hornady 300 gr XTP
- Green Crushed Ribbed sabot
- W209 primers

Attachments

• 11.8-8PT.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 1,227
Congrads Hal! :yeah: Dandy buck. You guys with the early seasons are driving me nuts. :mrgreen:

Thanks Shawn...We are finally, after two years of weird rut timing, are hitting it perfect this year. Bucks are cruising, making scrapes and dogging does this week. We got a 140 class 10 point running does at the golf course during the day last week while golfers are playing.

halloflin said:
Thanks Shawn...We are finally, after two years of weird rut timing, are hitting it perfect this year. Bucks are cruising, making scrapes and dogging does this week. We got a 140 class 10 point running does at the golf course during the day last week while golfers are playing.
My Brother called me from Savanna Ga. this morning and he has been there since June. He said they had not seen any deer since he has been there and travels out to the Onion and peanut farms a lot (He is a Forklift Tech). This weekend he said that deer looked like they were pouring out of the woodwork! Guess the Rut is getting into full swing there too.

Congrats Hal! Our season also opened today and I had does close enough I could have tackled but we are bucks only again this year...

Very nice looking buck!! Congratulations there. Way to score.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

CONGRATS Hal......He's a nice buck :yeah:

Ray...........

Nice buck you got there, our season has been going for a week, Virginia, but saturday was the first day I being to see scrapes. Been seeing does but nobucks yet.

Nice buck you got there, our season has been going for a week, Virginia, but saturday was the first day I being to see scrapes. Been seeing does but nobucks yet.

I will be taking my new CVA Optima V2 with me to Ohio in December, hope to bag a nice buck like that up there.

Latest posts

Back