Quantcast

Opinions on Burris

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

RSR

I am looking for a scope with greater than 16x and see some nice options from Burris. How is clarity and how are they in low-light?

deermanok

Supporter
Supporter
Maybe not a good comparison but I have an older Burris Timberline 4x20, that I had on a 12 gauge slug gun. I thought the glass was very good.

michiganmuzzy

Supporter
Supporter
I have a Burris binocular that is a year old. Im very happy with it. Never had a Burris scope tho.

Hoobilly

Have owned several Burris scopes and fast fires. Comparable to other quality scopes and excellent customer service if needed. I junked a fixed 6x on a 500 S&W Mag Encore. Low lite is good and they are clear. Seems to hold up for years

Potato boy

Supporter
Supporter
I have and have had several, great optics, never an issue. Can’t say the same for my Leupold or Bushnell, yes the fixed it, shouldn’t happen though

JimP

I've used the older Fullfields and HBR's all made in the US. they were great except for a 4-12X mini which I didn't care for.

GregK

The Veracity’s have awesome glass at a fair price

Greg

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
The Veracity’s have awesome glass at a fair price

Greg
Ive seen them for sale as low as about $350. When you see them that cheap its about the best scope you can buy for that kinda money. The Signature HD line are starting to ship now i think. Much cheaper than the Veracity. Burris still offers some made in USA scopes if you got deep pockets. Not sure how those compare to the Loopie HD5/HD6 and NightForce though.

Russ4iam

Supporter
Supporter
I have several, good scopes. I sent back one that was broke, probably 20 years old, and the lifetime warranty covered it. sent me a new one no questions. I told them I was not the original owner. Still no questions.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Natchez has some blem sales on the Veracity atm About $500 atm for the 5x25x50.

SportOptics has the 4x20x50s for $680

trader

I've used the older Fullfields and HBR's all made in the US. they were great except for a 4-12X mini which I didn't care for.
Always good service with Burris and the mini is one of my favorites on a light caliber, light rifle especially the cross-hair dot reticule as on my Savage 17 WSM , my custom #3 Ruger .22K hornet and finally my Savage/Stevens .22 mag over 410 combo....Trader in Wyo