Order Mistake w/midway USA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my MR-X .45, I have tried Hornady .40 200gr SST with mmp? sabot, .40 arrowhead with blue harvester, both fury .45 sized to .453 all start out tight but around 12 inches the bore opens up and only takes few pounds pressure to push rest of way. The .45 powderbelts do the same thing except easy pressure from the muzzle.

I only took out once after sight in at 67 yards, 75 grains by weight blackhorn 209, winchester 209 primers can fire different bullets and all will touch at that distance. Need to narrow down a load at further distance. Still concerned with bullet movement while hunting (if i can ever get out).

In my MR-X .45, I have tried Hornady .40 200gr SST with mmp? sabot, .40 arrowhead with blue harvester, both fury .45 sized to .453 all start out tight but around 12 inches the bore opens up and only takes few pounds pressure to push rest of way. The .45 powderbelts do the same thing except easy pressure from the muzzle.

I only took out once after sight in at 67 yards, 75 grains by weight blackhorn 209, winchester 209 primers can fire different bullets and all will touch at that distance. Need to narrow down a load at further distance. Still concerned with bullet movement while hunting (if i can ever get out).
Thats what im concerned about, bore inconsistencies and larger bore size. If they were .451 or even .452 and consistent bores i would buy several of those MRXs. Seems that theyre having trouble with their .45s. My 2019 LR .45 is .452 and consistent all the way down. Im going to keep waiting to buy one.

Same concern here. I've had one in my hand at our local store numerous times and would REALLY like to have one, but not with the bore inconsistencies. I would buy one today if not for that, and know several guys that would as well.

You may have better luck, I ordered some primed hulls
Well crap, that’s not good news to me. I haven’t ordered from them in years, but I placed an order yesterday for .490 buckshot.
just shipped today, that’s a long time from order to ship

Just follow their return policy. They should give you the option to return an incorrectly ordered Item.

They might not accept a return. States right on every Black powder firearm

Due to safety considerations and legal/regulatory reasons Black Powder Firearms may not be returned.

Back