Picked up a slick 45/70 Remington Rolling block this weekend!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koger

Reaction score
At a gunshow about 2 hours drive from home,, rode with a friend. I had a nice K98 Bringback, not an import, with tobacco can cleaning kit, bayonet and frog. I had paid $100, for it 25 years ago. I knew how much these guns bring, especially one with all matching #'s, and a cherry bore,soo I priced it cheap for$1200. Had several offers, but no one seemed to have the money. I stopped at a table, with high end only single shot rifles, and he had a super nice Remington Roller, made by Remington in 1990's I believe, with deep glossy blue, 30" tapered round barrel, French walnut, pistol grip stock, silver blade front sight, buckhorn rear, and a pricey Seoule long range Vernier, with micro adjustments for left and right and up an down. He had $1400 on the gun, but said he would take $1300, bottom dollar. He was drooling over my mauser, and after he looked it over, called a friend, and asked me how I would trade.  I said even up, he declined. I thanked him for his time, walked a couple of tables over, and out of the corner of my eye, I see him on the phone, walking towards me. He yells out that he will  trade if I still wan too, so I took him up on the deal, loading some ammo up in a few minutes for it!

Latest posts

Back