Pittman aeromax 325 grain 950 yards

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
Little trouble with my rangefinder I'm somewhere between 900 and 975 three shots 4.7 in really good wind conditions just holding dead on to the center of the black Target

Yes that gun likes that bullet a lot,I wasn't really taking a lot of time ,I know what retical I need to use at 600 and at 950 with this load and this bullet I'll try to relax a little more in the weeks ahead,I think the next thing I'm going to try is to get to 600 and 900 with the lighter contoured barrel nut guns that I shoot also maybe try the 275 accumax and some 275 Furys at these distances

Well I was trying to figure my scope out this weekend and I did at least how it applies to that particular load, this gun shoots one hole at a hundred yards so that should equal good groups out to at least 850 or 900 and it did it has, I miss the target the first two shots I wasn't holding enough elevation but I got that figured out

Thank all of you, shooting yesterday at 600 yards inspired me I figured what the heck I made a 6ft tall stand for my targets this morning if the wind laid down a little bit this afternoon I figured I would go for it and I thought the gun would perform the way it did

Thanks,,That gun will shoot the fury bullets real good too,I think the BC is just slightly better with that Pittman bullet and it starts to make a big difference when you get out pass 500 yards.as much variety as we now have in good muzzleloader bullets it's hard to just shoot one bullet especially one that is this expensive but when it performs like this it might just be a one bullet only gun .

I struggled with the whole busy scope saying for a long time, I very much appreciate simplicity, however when you're shooting this far it's nice to have a reticle that takes you there without clicking anything, when I go hunting I want something much more simple of course,, but if I'm sitting on the edge of a big field and I've done a little ranging ,I'm confident anything out to seven or eight hundred yards is in trouble, just I aim and shoot don't touch the scope, I know all that clicking stuff looks good on the sniper movies,I had a friend that I would shoot a thousand yards with this has been years ago he had fixed 16 power Leopold's,I watched him shoot many days he never touched his scope he always just held he would consistently shoot two and three in groups at a thousand yards with a 338 Norma,I used to ask him why didn't he ever click windage or elevation he would just smile at me

Latest posts

Back