Pittman aeromax 325 grain 950 yards

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I struggled with the whole busy scope saying for a long time, I very much appreciate simplicity, however when you're shooting this far it's nice to have a reticle that takes you there without clicking anything, when I go hunting I want something much more simple of course,, but if I'm sitting on the edge of a big field and I've done a little ranging ,I'm confident anything out to seven or eight hundred yards is in trouble, just I aim and shoot don't touch the scope, I know all that clicking stuff looks good on the sniper movies,I had a friend that I would shoot a thousand yards with this has been years ago he had fixed 16 power Leopold's,I watched him shoot many days he never touched his scope he always just held he would consistently shoot two and three in groups at a thousand yards with a 338 Norma,I used to ask him why didn't he ever click windage or elevation he would just smile at me
Whole lotta truth in that !!!

Yes I believe that would be correct, I have no idea what the velocity is, I have established retical positions by shooting not by mathematics,,

Yes I believe that would be correct, I have no idea what the velocity is, I have established retical positions by shooting not by mathematics,,

Just trying to get a grasp on what/how you're going about it.
I'm sending a 300gr XLD with a BC of .400 at 2,900fps. With a 100yd zero, I would need 33moa at 950yds. To only require 14moa at 950yds, I would have to zero at 700yds.

Drop chart.JPG

I would have absolutely no choice other than to dial for 950yds.

NXS - MOAR file.jpg

Just trying to figure it out...……...

I'm going to reshoot distances with my rangefinder when I get home, I'll shoot at a hundred yards at 300, 600 + 900 might be the weekend before I get around to it

Well I was trying to figure my scope out this weekend and I did at least how it applies to that particular load, this gun shoots one hole at a hundred yards so that should equal good groups out to at least 850 or 900 and it did it has, I miss the target the first two shots I wasn't holding enough elevation but I got that figured out
Ya did just great & thanks for the exciting posts & sharing the love & fun of not just shooting, but darn good shooting at that.

Leupold vx-5hd CDs - z LT, I rechecked my rangefinder yesterday first I check the 600-yard again I came up with 597 consistently. My batteries are out in the little cheap rangefinder, I'm just going to walk off the distance from there and try to reshoot some groups this weekend,

Never mind, i just looked at your 600 Yard Thread and see it’s a VX-5HD 3-15

Is this the Reticle in your Scope?
xcg1rL4l.jpg

Back