POI shift because of removing bolt?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finaddict

Reaction score
I"m seriously considering purchasing a Savage 10ML-II and saw a site that sells the "Savage EZ-Tool" for removing the breech plug without taking out the bolt. The sight says that the POI may shift because you have to loosen a stock screw in order to remove the bolt.

My question is will the POI shift because I remove the bolt. I can't imagine a gun manufacturer making a rifle that would do that. Any information would be great. If this is the case I may start looking at other rifles over the Savage.

No,

It is because the action is attached to the stock with 2 action screws.. One of those screws must be removed or loosened to remove the bolt.. A change in POI can happen because of that...

I have never experienced it myself..

Buy the gun and the tool... they are both great!

Savage is the best production gun out period. You won't have problems with POI shift. I haven't experienced that either and I've owned three.

You can take a punch,or a tooth pick with a little white paint,and mark the bolt head and the stock by the bolt hole. After loosing the bolt you simply tighten it up until the index marks line up! Simple! Ron S :wink:

Ron S said:
You can take a punch,or a tooth pick with a little white paint,and mark the bolt head and the stock by the bolt hole. After loosing the bolt you simply tighten it up until the index marks line up! Simple! Ron S :wink:

That's exactly what I do, Ron. It works for me also.

Yup! That's an O'l varmit rifle shooter trick,works like a charm. Ron :D

Latest posts

Back