Powder and primer for Disc elite?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They must have some big corn fed bucks shooting these muzzleloaders with 150 grns loose powder and 290 and 300 grn bullets. That must kick like 2 turkey guns. Man I want to enjoy my shooting. I'm liking my 75 to 80 grn charges with 200 grn bullets I've been playing with, but after about 8 shots I'm starting to notice recoil. I couldn't imagine shooting 130 grns loose behind a 300 grn elephant slug. Man if I were shooting that I'd shoot a buck in the shoulder and it would anchor him right there, no tracking ever. That load kills on both ends. Real men shoot 130 grns loose and 290/300 grn bullets, smart men shoot 76 grns loose and 200 grn bullets. I would like to try your load but I'm :d'oh!: (scared) I may end up with 23 unused bullets after I fire the first one.

its want works best knight test all knights with 150 grs of loses powder i tried lower leves of power but the bullet needs a heaver loads for my gun and a men for limb savers pads but 130 grs of powder works for me at the range i like to shoot 0 to 200 yrds not everone can shoot that setup i do :twisted:

Have had no chance to get out yet. I will post when I get a chance to try some of your suggestions.

I'll try it too

cmbb: I am following your post with intentions of trying some of these loads in my new Knight Revolution. waiting for bases and rings.. should be here this week. I will chime in when appropriate. Les

Les, Good luck, what are you using ithe firearm for in Wyoming?

It looks like I can get out this weekend. Finally!

What do I use muzzleloader for here in Wyoming?

My main front-stuffer fun is when I go home to Michigan in December.. whitetails....look out!.. I generaly try for a couple of antelope doe/fawn tags, and got them again this year. (we as residents also have to draw). Last year I broke in a new TC Encore SS 209-50 on a buck and a doe.. I hunt right here around the house ..even took one from my bedroom window a few years ago.. (Yes, its legal for the homeowner).. We have very few special black powder seasons here, but you can use a muzzleloader during regular season.. elk, deer and antelope.. sorry for such a longwinded answer.. Les

Well guys, i tried the knight today and it went bad!

I tried the t/c easy load, yellow sabot, 300 gr. with 100gr. of 777., winchester 777 primers. First shot 2" left of bullseye. cleaned barrel Next shot 8" vertical, above 1st shot.Cleaned etc, 3rd shot in between No. 1 and 2. Weird, all 3 were vertical 2" left of bullseye????????
It got dark and i said the heck with it.

I checked scope mounts prior to, everything is fine, screws have plenty of threads, tight etc.
I do not think the problem is me, flinch etc. Because i shoot my 220 Swift and 17 rem. at less than minute of angle. I will change scopes again. i used a 3-9 simmons. I will put my Burris Signature 1.5-6 on and see what happens.

Les; sorry for late reply! Good for you, a bit of variety will keep you focused, good luck!

Gentlemen; Thought I would update on the elite. Bought some Knight 290 gr. with yellow sabot, 100 gr.of loose T777 and T777 primers. The groups were much better than with anything I had tried before. At 100 yds one group of 3 was a whisker over 2". Which is much better than any of the Snock waves or Hornady xtps. Why? I have no idea. But I will be using the Knight sabots for hunting. I suspect they are made by Barnes. I also spit patched between shots.
Thanks for the help gentlemen!!!!

cmbb said:
Gentlemen; Thought I would update on the elite. Bought some Knight 290 gr. with yellow sabot, 100 gr.of loose T777 and T777 primers. The groups were much better than with anything I had tried before. At 100 yds one group of 3 was a whisker over 2". Which is much better than any of the Snock waves or Hornady xtps. Why? I have no idea. But I will be using the Knight sabots for hunting. I suspect they are made by Barnes. I also spit patched between shots.

Yup the knight bullets are barnes. Mine shoots them good to. Try some 245 grain spitzer boat tails. Mine seemed to like that over 2 T7 pellets and a T7 primer.

prostreetcamaro said:
cmbb said:

Yup the knight bullets are barnes. Mine shoots them good to. Try some 245 grain spitzer boat tails. Mine seemed to like that over 2 T7 pellets and a T7 primer.

You are on the right track. I shoot the 290 gr Knight (Barnes) w/yellow sabot and 90 gr of FFF Triple Seven. That load gives me 1" at 100 yards. One other thing: Order a Revolution breech plug to replace yours. I did and it not only reduces the blowby by a bunch, it also seemed to tighten the groups. I think it gives more consistant ignition.

Latest posts

Back