Precision Rifle: REVISITED

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VENISONEATR said:
Well I sent my gun out today for its trip to Canada. Girl behind the counter said I couldn't mail my muzzleloader it was against USPS policy. I asked to speak to the Post Master. He told me ever since "Kennedy assassinations they haven't shipped firearms" I didn't want to get into the whole muzzleloaders aren't firearms debacle so I asked to see a regulation booklet. He flopped down this book that must have weighed 15 lbs. And laughed happy bed time reading. I opened the thing right up to the firearm section and asked to see the regulation precluding me from mailing it.... Well to make a long story short he couldn't find one!!!! He then got out Canada's regulation booklet and he still couldn't find anything.... Man he was pissed. I insured the gun for the maximum amount and the girl behinde the counter said good for you he thinks he knows everything! We''ll see what happens as I plan on keeping you all abreast of this endeavor.

VENISONEATR I work for the USPS, Letter Carrier there only regs that let "if need be" the PM check to see if the gun is loaded before shipping and you can ship modern firearms!!!check the ATF site

hunterny said:
VENISONEATR I work for the USPS, Letter Carrier there only regs that let "if need be" the PM check to see if the gun is loaded before shipping and you can ship modern firearms!!!check the ATF site

Thanks Hunterny!! I thought so. I live in super liberal NJ and this SOB was an over stuffed donut gobbling fool who doesn't know his job. :evil: I just hope my gun makes it there! Thanks for the heads up :!:

My ex-wife is a postmaster, so I'm familiar with the DMM.

No postmaster has any authority to make a judgement of the legality of any firearm to be mailed-- they must contact the ATF.

In other words, the have no standing to tell you what a muzzleloader is or is not.

My Lord RANDY!

married to you and working at the post office!! Poor gal never had a chance!

I received a call from Cecil this morning while I was enroute to Kodiak. He received my rifle today. Exactly 2 weeks from the day I mailed it. Not bad considering the post master told me it was going to be confiscated :lol:

VENISONEATR said:
I received a call from Cecil this morning while I was enroute to Kodiak. He received my rifle today. Exactly 2 weeks from the day I mailed it. Not bad considering the post master told me it was going to be confiscated :lol:

I can't WAIT for you to get it back! I may send my laminate in as well unless I'm completely Savageless by then! 8)

OK I got it back today in the mail!!! It looks great. I'll put some pics up later. Target crown has me drooling :wink:

VENISONEATR said:
OK I got it back today in the mail!!! It looks great. I'll put some pics up later. Target crown has me drooling :wink:

Can't WAIT to see how it looks AND how it SHOOTS! :D

Her ya' go... I am very happy with the craftsmanship!!! My only complaint and it's very unnoticeable is that the whole drilled for the pillar forward of the trigger guard is a little rough. I can live with it :)

BEDDING:
DSC02106Small.jpg

PILLARS:
DSC02107Small.jpg

HARDENED COCKING SCREW:
DSC02108Small.jpg

TARGET CROWN:
DSC02112Small.jpg

DSC02113Small.jpg

MAGIC SAVAGE IN ALL ITS GLORY!!
DSC02114Small.jpg

DSC02116Small.jpg

TO THE RANGE NEXT WEEKEND :shock: 8) :shock: 8) :shock: 8)

Looks like a great job there Jim!!!

Look forward to hearing how it shoots. My guess as good as it looks. :)

Thanks Loggy!!! If it wasn't Mother's Day it be trying it out right now. I can only push Mama so far ya' know... :lol: :lol:

VENISONEATR said:
Thanks Loggy!!! If it wasn't Mother's Day it be trying it out right now. I can only push Mama so far ya' know... :lol: :lol:

Amen Jim. Got the same thing to deal with June 1 Opening Day of MD Striper Season which just happens to be my 32nd Anniversary. Sure hope the Mrs. understands. :lol:

V,I have a feeling that this gun will shoot as good as it looks.

Loggy said:
VENISONEATR said:

Amen Jim. Got the same thing to deal with June 1 Opening Day of MD Striper Season which just happens to be my 32nd Anniversary. Sure hope the Mrs. understands. :lol:

Loggy ,make the ultimate scarifice ,offer to take her with you. :roll: :twisted: :lol:

smokit, LOL!!! I could comment but its Mothers Day. Maybe tomorrow when things get back to normal. :lol:

Latest posts

Back