Precision Rifle: REVISITED

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
I'm sending my stock Savage tomorrow. Work is being done by Ultimate Accuracy in Manitoba. I was promised I'll have the gun back in time for Tennessee.... 8) :poke:
For those interested in sending their rifles it's important to list on the outside of the pkg:

U.S. MADE MUZZLE LOADER
BEING SHIPPED FOR REPAIR
TO BE RETURNED TO THE U.S.
CUSTOM VALUE $0.00

Be sure to insure for it's value with the U.S. postal office.

Thanks for updating us Jimmy! I have a feeling there will be a lot more 10ML-IIs to follow!

Re: Precision Rifle

VENISONEATR said:
I'm sending my stock Savage tomorrow. Work is being done by Ultimate Accuracy in Manitoba. I was promised I'll have the gun back in time for Tennessee.... 8) :poke:
For those interested in sending their rifles it's important to list on the outside of the pkg:

U.S. MADE MUZZLE LOADER
BEING SHIPPED FOR REPAIR
TO BE RETURNED TO THE U.S.
CUSTOM VALUE $0.00

Be sure to insure for it's value with the U.S. postal office.
What are you having done to your rifle?

Billy,

Here is what PR is doing...

1).Bead blasted receiver and barrel.
2).The end of the barrel is Recessed, hand lapped, target style crown. 100% square to the muzzle for the ultimate in accuracy.
3).Three 3/4" diameter pillars inserted into the stock for stability purposes.
4).Three step bedding process.
5).Head space breech plug..(added)

Do you have any idea of the cost for all that work to be done????

bompa said:
Do you have any idea of the cost for all that work to be done????

250$ covers the first four services I listed...75$ additional for the head spacing..

I got a call from Cecil early today and he said that he just received a rifle from the states and it took 17 days to reach his shop. He advised me to hold off until after our pig hunt, to send my gun, if I had intentions of bringing it to Crossville.
I thought that was pretty decent of the guy. He didn't have to do that and I appreciate it. Fortunately I hadn't brought the gun to the Post Office.

Just a heads up to any of you guys thinking about sending a gun North. Leave plenty of time if you have any hunts planned.

Jim,

I was having that discussion with Mel last night. (Who grew up in Canada). We both thought it would be unbelievable if the gun got turned around that quickly.

Now things are sounding alot more realistic. It is unfortunate that a 2-3 week job now becomes a 2-3 month process.

I am confident though after having had seen you shoot that the gun at the range, that the Loushbough hogs are still in a great deal of trouble! :D

Thanks Jeff,
The snag is with the shipping. It took the gun 17 days to get there, I can only assume it would take the gun another 17 to get back. Plus the time it has in the shop. 2 months isn't too bad to wait. I've sent guns out before and have one at a shop in Wyoming that I sent out this past summer. Usually custom work is a minimum 6 month wait. At least from my experiences. Look how long it took to get your HB....

I agree 100% Jim 2-3 months is not long at all when you consider 60% of the time will be consumed by shipping.

In fact I would absolutely be taking advantage of that service if Henry had not already done much of the same work on mine.

Spoke to Cecil last week.
No discount for Manitobans,,,$250.00 U.S Funds....

You may want to call... They took 3+ months on my .204 and I am local.. They have a small shop and BIG demand.

For Savage CF work, I wouldnt go anywhere else.

Well I sent my gun out today for its trip to Canada. Girl behind the counter said I couldn't mail my muzzleloader it was against USPS policy. I asked to speak to the Post Master. He told me ever since "Kennedy assassinations they haven't shipped firearms" I didn't want to get into the whole muzzleloaders aren't firearms debacle so I asked to see a regulation booklet. He flopped down this book that must have weighed 15 lbs. And laughed happy bed time reading. I opened the thing right up to the firearm section and asked to see the regulation precluding me from mailing it.... Well to make a long story short he couldn't find one!!!! He then got out Canada's regulation booklet and he still couldn't find anything.... Man he was pissed. I insured the gun for the maximum amount and the girl behinde the counter said good for you he thinks he knows everything! We''ll see what happens as I plan on keeping you all abreast of this endeavor.

Venisoneater,

I received my ML-II back from a gunsmith that did a third pillar and glass bedding job on it. I had shipped the gun to him by UPS, and he shipped the gun back to me by USPS. I don't know what he had to go through on his end, but the mailman delivered it right to my door since it would not fit in the mailbox. This shipment was between MS and AR....not Canada. Don't you just love it when a know-it-all gets taken down a peg! :)

black3

Back