Present to father in law

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
Just finished up the Christmas present to my father in law. He's going on a colorado elk hunt next year and needed a legal muzzleloader. I picked up a Knight .54 on here that needed dome tlc (thanks Steve). Cleaned it all up, removed old blueing and duracoated it od green. Also added some Williams firesights. Ordered a box of no excuse conicals to go with it. I think he should like it.

That is a beautiful rifle, a beautiful gift, and a beautiful thought. I am sure he will be very happy and grateful. What a wonderful idea.

mossy
Buy Dad some of those in 45 caliber. Then have him try some of those No Excuse bullets in Harvester ribbed or MMP-24 sabots. You may be pleasantly surprised by the results.

Mossy,

Great job on the rifle, it should get the job done for the FIL.

Triple Se7en,

Colorado does not allow sabots in the muzzleloader seasons, and this rifle is a .54 caliber. Those .50 caliber sabots will not work in it. The .54 caliber full bore conicals that mossy picked up for it will not only be legal, they will also be deadly.

Well the gift went over well! He already took it to the range today and was even more excited when he called when he was done.

Back