Pro Hunter Disappointment

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhunt4work

Reaction score
I am new to muzzleloading and just purchased a pro hunter. After getting iT home I noticed it had some bluing issues. I could not return it to the place of purchase and was told by TC to send the barrel back. I sent it back and then called to follow up.....now keep in mind this gun was NEVER shot or even taken outside yet. I was told by TC 4-6 weeks to get a replacement or the barrel re-blued. THEY MUST HAVE BIG WARRANTY AND REPAIR ISSUES FOR IT TO TAKE 4-6 WEEKS. Any thoughts???? There seems to be icentive on the retailers side just to sell guns that may have an issue.....since once they leave their door it is between buyer and mfg.

That is crazy stupid to take that long I would contact someone higher up to complain royaly bitching about it .
Thats why I shoot Knights Great customer service.

I asked to speak with a manager and all I got was voicemail....no reply as of a day later.

Sorry to hear about the blueing issues. The barrel should just be replaced.

I have in most cases have had 10 day turn around. Call and leave a message for Roland...he is difficult to get on the phone.

What was specifically the blueing issues that you did not see in the dealers store??? I have handles 3 or 4 icons and several blue Pro hunters this fall and the qulity of the blue was excellent. Of course there is always exceptions. Was your rifle in the dealers gun rack instead of a new box??

Chocdog

I did get a call back and they finally recognized the fact that this was BRAND NEW.....so they are going to turn it around ASAP.....at least that is what I am told. The gun was new in the box that a local dealer ordered in for me....looked at it, but not close enough.......this won't happen again.

Just so you know.. they might tell you 4-6 weeks but I have had them show up a week to ten days. It all depends on how busy the shop is. And this is their busy time as people are sending in their rifles for repairs after hunting season.

One more snafu.....the barrel showed up and the front ramp sight was damaged in shipping. Poor packaging job by TC need to use a heavier box and more protection around barrel. Sometimes you think these people just got started.......FRUSTRATING!!!!

barrel

Hunting is done, send it back. I would not let them get away w/that. I have a new Pro and you are maing me shaky thinking about this issue. Have at em' and I would address this site as a portal to other perspective buyers and users of TC products. It used to be 1 bad story was told to 10 prople, w/ a forum like this how many are reading????????

Latest posts

Back