Prohunter Breech Plug 'O' Rings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rks1949

Reaction score
I noticed that the O ring on my breech plug had a tear,in the surface of it. I've been told that T/C has replacements for them. But not wanting to wait,I took the damaged O ring with me today to the auto parts store (NAPA) The salesman took it went into the back of the store,and came back with a box of O rings,and said how many do you want,I said 4. He then measured it on the size chart of the box and handed me four new ones,plus the old one. He said you owe me a dollar. I wish I had looked at the box diagram closer,so I would have a Part# or size. But if yours is worn,just go to the auto parts store and hand them your old one,and at $0.25 a peice it's hard to beat. Ron :D The damaged O Ring is on the Left side of the picture.
ORings001.jpg

I saw them at one of the local gunshops. If I remember correctly, there were I think 3 or 4 of them in the package. The price was in the neighborhood of $4.00. I didn't pay too much attention because I figured if and when I need a replacement, I'll just go to the auto parts store, just as you did.

Yup,they aren't anything special,just plain "o" rings. I have a friend that is a mechanic on hydralic systems,and he said that he would pick me up some "real tough" O rings,used in very high pressure systems. He said I wouldn't ever have to replace them,I'm not sure how long the life is on them. Mine was working just fine,it just had a tear in it when it was new. Ron

Latest posts

Back