Projectiles for modern inlines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I showed you cheap bullets several times including 230gr HAPs for $15/90. You seem to have no interest in them. Good luck with the 50cent per shot plinkers.

I showed you cheap bullets several times including 230gr HAPs for $15/90. You seem to have no interest in them. Good luck with the 50cent per shot plinkers.
You mean these brother? Out of stock you got to buy 500 and it's still don't break down to $15 from 90 of them.

Just saying..
Screenshot_20200810-010652.png
I tell you what you see that 15 for 90 deal again you let me know because that breaks down to what 6 cents a bullet yeah I don't think I've ever seen that.

Like i said....They WERE cheap. You snooze you lose. When i posted the Midsouth link they had sample packs of 90 for $15. Since you said you probably wont being shooting it much it wont matter now anyway.

I tell you what you see that 15 for 90 deal again you let me know because that breaks down to what 6 cents a bullet yeah I don't think I've ever seen that.

Thats not 6 cents per bullet.

Like i said....They WERE cheap. You snooze you lose. When i posted the Midsouth link they had sample packs of 90 for $15.
Yeah I must have been something out of the ordinary cuz I've never even seen them packaged in quantities of 90 before. But you know for buying on the regular I think we can all agree they ain't that cheap. Until someone actually proves me wrong.

There you go. Like i said sample packs. 3 packs are $15+ shipping.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....nady-action-pistol-(hap)-sample-pack-30-count

I would hate to prove you wrong again brother but by my calculations comes out to about $0.43 per here's how

Below is 50 Sabots and being that there sample pack they only allow you to order one. that means every time you order 30 bullets you pay shipping.

So as a sample order cuz it's a great value let's try it 50 sabots 30 bullets.

Screenshot_20200810-015622.png

So by that we have 30 bullets for about a 1.30 per with their Sabot and of course because you have a pack of 50 Sabots you got 20 extra.

I ran the numbers it don't come out cheaper. Appreciate the try though.

Barry's was the cheapest I found but like I said a lot of their stuff is out of stock that I'd want I think they still have hollow points.

Enjoy your 50cent per shot lead hp bullets. I will enjoy my $11/50 Speers and $6/50 sabots . Its a shame you put CHEAPEST as the number 1 feature of your projectile. I put reasonably priced performance first and the sabot that fits my bore correctly.
k4OrNJG.jpg

Enjoy your 50cent per shot lead hp bullets. I will enjoy my $11/50 Speers and $6/50 sabots . Its a shame you put CHEAPEST as the number 1 feature of your projectile. I put reasonably priced performance first and the sabot that fits my bore correctly.
k4OrNJG.jpg

Ding, ding, ding....we have a winner!

5 cents more per bullet with sabots. Better BC, better construction and a better chance the sabot is going to work. Made for 45LC lever guns so they should be ok for light loads. Do you even know what sabot comes with Traditions Plinkers?.....My guess is it the MMP 3P-EZ sabot and they are much smaller than either Harvester.
TGJxGSe.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, for you anyway, its not about the math. Its all about reasonably priced performance.

Muley, i plink with those cheap 225gr FTXs and swap to the 225gr XPB for hunting in my only 50cal. For upto deer size game out to 150 yards that little Barnes is a great bullet. Cost per shot when an animals life is on the line is far down my list but i aint paying $2 a bullet either. Ive got a few left before i will switch to the 230gr Lehigh that are close to the same price.

I dont think i ever posted MINE ARE CHEAPER in this topic other than my local pricing. I said there WERE cheap options when they were available. Some of those options can still be found at Cabelas and you only have to pay the tax. They ship to store free on most stuff. I love shooting cheap lead conicals in my 45s. Both for hunting and recreation. I am totally confident a all lead 350gr Gould HP will knock the snot out of any deer i can get close enough to shoot.

You have that right. Maybe Goodwill has something Cheap. I like to find what my gun likes, then SHOP for the price. My gun liked 300gr Deep Curls so I shopped and got 6 boxes for under $14.00 ea and free shipping. My Harvester sabots were less expensive else where so I purchased them elsewhere. Shopping is the key to getting quality and what your gun shoots best.

Muley, i plink with those cheap 225gr FTXs and swap to the 225gr XPB for hunting in my only 50cal. For upto deer size game out to 150 yards that little Barnes is a great bullet. Cost per shot when an animals life is on the line is far down my list but i aint paying $2 a bullet either. Ive got a few left before i will switch to the 230gr Lehigh that are close to the same price.

I dont think i ever posted MINE ARE CHEAPER in this topic other than my local pricing. I said there WERE cheap options when they were available. Some of those options can still be found at Cabelas and you only have to pay the tax. They ship to store free on most stuff. I love shooting cheap lead conicals in my 45s. Both for hunting and recreation. I am totally confident a all lead 350gr Gould HP will knock the snot out of any deer i can get close enough to shoot.

I wasn't pointing my post at you. I was just talking in general what I do. It cost me $20 for 24 T-EZ bullets. Not cheap but i'm ok with it.

I think most guys could buy a box of 300gr DeepCurls with a box of sabots and never have a problem with performance on game. My local cost for that is about $20-21/50 for that plus tax and gas to go get them. The bullet is a proven performer that shouldnt break anyones budget. My particular rifle shoots lighter bullets a tad better and being so light i enjoy less recoil too.

I wasn't pointing my post at you. I was just talking in general what I do. It cost me $20 for 24 T-EZ bullets. Not cheap but i'm ok with it.

Ive shot the TEZ and TMZ. Neither sabot fit my older rifles all that well. So when i got my NULA i went with what was working for guys that owned them. Just like Gab was asking what has worked in the Wolf. In my case it was the Harvester smooth black. Those are known to work in many CVAs and i know they are a good tough sabot. I dont need the additional cost of the tipped Barnes bullets. The XPB line are a bit cheaper and you can buy them without sabots. They also seem to expand a little more or at least at lower MV.

I think the Expander MZ line come with a different sabot. Might be the HPH-12. That is the only reason i dont buy them instead of the TEZ or XPBs in small bulk packs. If they come with HPH-24s you might want to look into them vs the TEZ. The TEZ sabot is just a HPH-24 dyed blue. You might be able to save a few bucks and not give up any performance.

Ive shot the TEZ and TMZ. Neither sabot fit my older rifles all that well. So when i got my NULA i went with what was working for guys that owned them. Just like Gab was asking what has worked in the Wolf. In my case it was the Harvester smooth black. Those are known to work in many CVAs and i know they are a good tough sabot. I dont need the additional cost of the tipped Barnes bullets. The XPB line are a bit cheaper and you can buy them without sabots. They also seem to expand a little more or at least at lower MV.

I think the Expander MZ line come with a different sabot. Might be the HPH-12. That is the only reason i dont buy them instead of the TEZ or XPBs in small bulk packs. If they come with HPH-24s you might want to look into them vs the TEZ. The TEZ sabot is just a HPH-24 dyed blue. You might be able to save a few bucks and not give up any performance.

I've been lucky and the T-EZ have always fit just right with the blue sabot. Another thing I like about them is they were designed as muzzleloader bullets and will expand down to 1050 fps. You know me with shooting lighter powder loads. So, the easy expansion is important. They expand down to a lower fps than a PB will and we know how those like to over-expand.

I've been lucky and the T-EZ have always fit just right with the blue sabot. Another thing I like about them is they were designed as muzzleloader bullets and will expand down to 1050 fps. You know me with shooting lighter powder loads. So, the easy expansion is important. They expand down to a lower fps than a PB will and we know how those like to over-expand.
It sounds like I missed out on a decent bullet when I had my .50 cal inlines with the T-EZ's. I have a bunch of PB exp with many diff bullets & weights with both loose powder & Pyrodex pellets thru the 2 decades & the 4 - .50 inlines I had. I'm just now with my .45/40 sabots Accura learning & experimenting with sabots & using them with T7fff & BH 209.

It sounds like I missed out on a decent bullet when I had my .50 cal inlines with the T-EZ's. I have a bunch of PB exp with many diff bullets & weights with both loose powder & Pyrodex pellets thru the 2 decades & the 4 - .50 inlines I had. I'm just now with my .45/40 sabots Accura learning & experimenting with sabots & using them with T7fff & BH 209.

My biggest problem with the Barnes is isn't legal in the muzzleloader season. I'll either have to stay hunting rifle seasons or find another bullet that's a conical to use in Muzzleloader season. I sent for a Thor sizing pack. They'll solve my problem if I can find a size that will work in my new gun.

Back