Projectiles for modern inlines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bullet I would recommend is a real sleeper and very inexpensive Box of 50, designed for low velocity has good bearing surface.
Hornady Interlock 45 cal 245 Gr. P/n 45204 Have to buy online Try them you might like them Oh .542 Dia may have to size if your not using a slipper. (sabot)

Isnt that bullet made for 450 Bushmaster? Not sure i would call that "low velocity" A 450BM will easily hit over 2000fps with a 245gr bullet. Hornady loads that same bullet to a claimed 2200fps in their ammo.
Im fairly sure the Fusion bullet in this comparison is just the Speer 260gr you can buy for $13/50. All they did is maybe reshape the ogive slightly.

Last edited:
It is a Bushmaster intended. Works best with heavy BlackHorn loads and even better in low recoiling smokeless loads. I like it in my smokeless guns.

Watched the video, The Hornady performed typically on whet Newspaper as an unbonded bullet will. Don't know anything about the Federal bullet.
For hunting considering a shoulder shot is seldom the best way to go. Slow the Hornady down some will frag less in newspaper. Big difference from paper to medium game. Enjoyed the video.

$13/50 or less when you can find them. Speer bullets have one annoying feature....They sellout too fast.

80grV of BH209. Basically flawless performance. Using a 100-110gr load and a 100yard impact i would imagine similar results from this bullet. Just cant beat Speer for the money.
https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/new-260g-speer-hp.35311/

Wow! That Hornady bullet looks like it might be a little hard on the meat grinder.

How about these in a .50 cal full bore?
Would it work? Like the Thor but no skirt.

Screenshot_20200702-164746.png

It all depends on the sizing. Even .0005 too large can be a bear to load. Unless you want to spend $125-160 on a adjustable sizing die you better avoid sabotless jacketed. Works great though when you got the sizing correct.

If for hunting, Iowa states 'non full metal jackets'. A total metal jacket most likely isn't legal in my state, yours could be different.
Correction to my post below .35 and up I think is correct for mi.
Guys reading this always check with the DNR book and get confused as I did. I am not an attorney nor do I play one on TV.

From what I gather Michigan's pretty lax. I believe it specifies any caliber other than a 22 can be used for hunting that includes deer.
makes no mention to the type of projectile that needs to be used.
the only other stipulation is that if using an air gun and has to be .35 caliber and have an external pressurized source.

makes you think though. technically it's legal to go out there and hunt a deer with the 32 handgun? That just doesn't seem right.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I gather Michigan's pretty lax. I believe it specifies any caliber other than a 22 can be used for hunting that includes deer.
makes no mention to the type of projectile that needs to be used.
the only other stipulation is that if using an air gun and has to be .35 caliber and have an external pressurized source.

makes you think though. technically it's legal to go out there and hunt a deer with the 32 handgun? That just doesn't seem right.
LOL............. Most guys in MI want the largest cannon they can use. No worries about the 32.

$13/50 or less when you can find them. Speer bullets have one annoying feature....They sellout too fast.

80grV of BH209. Basically flawless performance. Using a 100-110gr load and a 100yard impact i would imagine similar results from this bullet. Just cant beat Speer for the money.
https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/new-260g-speer-hp.35311/
I have a box of 45 cal deepcurl Speer 300 GR. there pistal designed hunting bullets Hollow point. Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet.

My wife just recently bought me a T/C Omega Z5 for my birthday.... Got lots of the green 44 cal sabots to use up with some .44 cal pistol bullets I have on hand. After those are used up, it will be fun checking out the bore riding, skirted as well as other sabots for .45 cal bullets.

Jon I shot a lot of those Speer value pack 240 gr. With hornady green sabots. They worked, but I’m ready to try the bore riders! Encore50A Hunted up by Clare long time ago, just can’t do the non-res tags anymore!

Jon I shot a lot of those Speer value pack 240 gr. With hornady green sabots. They worked, but I’m ready to try the bore riders! Encore50A Hunted up by Clare long time ago, just can’t do the non-res tags anymore!

I understand the non-resident tags.. they cost bank for out of non resident hunters. I'm lucky to get a huge discount for being disabled for Deer A tag and Elk A, but no other breaks on hunting. I do have several bore riders I want to try as I have lots of Alliant Black Mz on hand for it.

Latest posts

Back