Proud grandpa

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis299

Reaction score
My grandson, Nick, went on his 1st ever hunting trip with me and shot my CVA Accura V2 for the first & harvested his 1st deer. We had been sitting for over 5 hours in tree stands about 300 yards apart. I had loaded the V2 and Nick pulled it up to the tree stand with the pull rope and then put in the primer. I had discussed the sight and trigger squeeze process with Nick and how to take a deep breath and then let half out & then shoot. I had climbed down from my stand when it was getting dark & I am standing at the base when I heard that BP rifle fire. Next this is what I heard was "PAPA COME QUICK" and my heart started to race. When I Got to Nick he was very excited and jumping up and down and saying over and over "PAPA I GOT HIM". This is the buck that Nick shot at about 40 yards that was his 1st ever deer kill! Papa is so very proud of him and we are going to get it mounted. Nick's dad passed when he was 8 years old but he had harvested a deer from the same area that Nick took his. What a fantastic memory. I was also suprised at the devastating power of the Barnes 250 gr T-EZ bullet which completely destroyed the lungs and broke the shoulder.

MUVFmyjh.jpg

Im sitting here smiling with a tear ŗunning down my cheek. Thankyou for sharing.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

herschel conyers said:
Im sitting here smiling with a tear ŗunning down my cheek. Thankyou for sharing.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

+1!

Congrads to you both!, Bet Dad is looking down with a smile on his face too!

Now that's a nice deer and look at that neck. WOW. What a time to remember. Congrats to Nick on that first kill and congrats to you sir, for making sure that Nick is shown "the way".

Just a wonderful story!! Congrats to the both of you!

Back