Reloading w Leverevolution

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gle3105

If ur gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough!
Supporting member
Reaction score
I‘ve used LR in gas & bolt Grendels and have been amazed at the velocity gain over my go to 8208xbr.
Accuracy is there and no signs of excessive psi.
Started looking at other loads with it on a software program ( Not QL) and the stuff is my go to for “look into experiment load with ” for various cals.
Anyone else finding similar findings?

I've been reloading 223, 762x39 and 300 Blackout. I'm amazed at the uses of 5744 (can duplicate 22wmr with 12gr in 223, 200gr subs with 11.2 in 300bo or 2300fps 125gr supers in 762x39)

Only other powders I've gotten into have been Win748 and BLC2 for 223 and TiteGroup experimenting with 85gr 32 pistol bullets at 1000fps in the 762x39 bolt gun (mousefarts, will be using them for turkey season starting this weekend)

My favorite reloading reference is Shooter's Reference - you can filter within a caliber by bullet weight and powder type.

As far as software goes, I've tried Gordons Reloading Tool (it has a non-Free Linux port) and have had a buddy crunch numbers in QuickLoad for my mousefarts - both software were showing 20-25% higher velocities than real world shooting and chronographing.

I‘ve used LR in gas & bolt Grendels and have been amazed at the velocity gain over my go to 8208xbr.
Accuracy is there and no signs of excessive psi.
Started looking at other loads with it on a software program ( Not QL) and the stuff is my go to for “look into experiment load with ” for various cals.
Anyone else finding similar findings?
Yes, I believe that is the powder i use for my marlin 308mx. I am only recalling from memory but i think it was pushing a 150 grain flex tip between 2900/3000 fps. I really like the gun/ bullet/combination..as its a lever gun …

Wonderful powder. I'm getting very consistent velocities, 2284 fps high/ low 17 fps, out of my 760 .35 Remington. 22 inch barrel, 200 grain Core Lokt btw.
Not real expensive and it says made in U.S.A so hopefully minimal supply chain issues.

Back