Remington primers/price?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not new to muzzleloading, just new to MODERN muzzleloading! Bought a T/C Omega Z5 and am outfitting it. (been shooting a T/C Hawken .45 caplock for years but didn't want to put a scope on it, so I bought the Omega!)

Question: If I found Remington Kleanbore 209 primers for $6.83/100 at the local Wally World, and I find the same 100 box ON SALE at Cabela's for $17.99, should I definitely go back to Wally and purchase all they have for that price??

Great site, guys!

The Cabela's price is for 500 primers. Wal-Marts's price for 500 is $34.15! You'd be much better off to go to Cabela's and buy all they have! :lol:

500! Yup, didn't see that! BUT, there is that pesky extra $20 shipping for hazardous materials from Cabelas, so it looks like a wash!

Thanks!! This is why I lurk here!

Here in WI. Price for Rem. ML primers is $3.50 to $3.99 That is at most places Scheels, Sportsmans warehouse and Gander.
Redclub

Redclub said:
Here in WI. Price for Rem. ML primers is $3.50 to $3.99 That is at most places Scheels, Sportsmans warehouse and Gander.
Redclub

Same for the prices in my area about $4 per box of 100.

Hanover Honker said:
Not new to muzzleloading, just new to MODERN muzzleloading! Bought a T/C Omega Z5 and am outfitting it. (been shooting a T/C Hawken .45 caplock for years but didn't want to put a scope on it, so I bought the Omega!)

Question: If I found Remington Kleanbore 209 primers for $6.83/100 at the local Wally World, and I find the same 100 box ON SALE at Cabela's for $17.99, should I definitely go back to Wally and purchase all they have for that price??

Great site, guys!

You would be best off going to your local hunting store and if they don't have any see if they can order you some, that way the money your spending stays in your own community and gives you the oppurtunity to make it back later.

Another approach would be to forget about Kleanbores and get Triple Se7en Primers.

remington primers

I tried the Remington kleanbore primers in my Omega thy were not any cleaner than any other standard primer. I tried Winchester triple seven primers much cleaner no crud ring.

Re: remington primers

herb said:
I tried the Remington kleanbore primers in my Omega thy were not any cleaner than any other standard primer. I tried Winchester triple seven primers much cleaner no crud ring.

I was shocked at how clean the triple seven primers are, the plastic jacket I used looked brand new :shock: The crud ring was basically gone also. Plus they look cooler than regular primers :wink:

Latest posts

Back