Renegade Laminate stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hawken's would have used laminated wood had it been available!! I built many a benchrest competition rifle and laminated stocks of one kind or another do plenty of winning!

i can't quite read the name on the action, but if it will accept centerfire barrels, it is considered a "short barreled rifle" & requires $200 ATF license to legally own.. Hope it is ML only action.. otherwise you ought not be showing it off (unless you have the license) which is BS but required.. I LIKE IT! bet its loud?
Yup loud as hill and kicks like a mule ,hence the AR stock. And not to worry as the fine print states Black powder only 50 cal and notice the ram rod ,it"s there on purpose (a full auto) one shot /one bang and not considered a firearm like a rock (I"m not stupid Ed) ;)

Yup loud as hill and kicks like a mule ,hence the AR stock. And not to worry as the fine print states Black powder only 50 cal and notice the ram rod ,it"s there on purpose (a full auto) one shot /one bang and not considered a firearm like a rock (I"m not stupid Ed) ;)
the action looks much like contender & a couple others that have interchangeable barrels,,,what is the brand/model (CVA acura maybe)? be good for a short armed kid with one of the ar pistol stocks... (loaded lite & them with recoil reduction pads on the shoulder!) there is no logic in those laws,, (dims must have wrote em!)

1946 here... lessee, that makes me... freakin old! Hah!

I’m not too old to enjoy that laminated Renegade but give me figured walnut any day...
Re figured walnut,, there is a custom stock for t/c hawken on ebay that is the prettiest (figure wise) i've ever seen on (a hawken) i love figured walnut too! I just sent one of my custom centerfire stocks to be hydro dipped in figured wood pattern.. it might not make it warmer,, but will make it a little prettier (i hope) here is a photo that shows my "rope cherry" stock i put on my air rifle ML (and my grandson, & best buck ever)pap10air.jpg

Last edited:
I just remembered,, i bought an exhibition grade walnut stock from Richards at least 20yrs ago for a weatherby vanguard i had.. my first attempt at finishing&bedding a rifle.. still have the stock, ashamed to sell the rifle with it on it,, was in too much of a hurry & it showed.. Wonder if its the same people today??

Back