Renegade Laminate stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've noticed that too. He sure does like havin fun with you muzzy. He's got a fantastic sense of humor & candor.
Yeah, it’s all good till he’s pokin’ at you!! I’m a sensitive man!

...at this point, I am just going to blame @michiganmuzzy , @Ninering62 , and @Bad Karma for my behavior. You guys egg it on. I was a nice boy before I joined this forum.

View attachment 13785

(...aw, dammitt!!)
I’ll bet I can prove different! Remember, the internet is forever! (Unless you’re a Democrat politician...) you’re not a Democrat politician are you? Come to think of it, that’s the New Democrat Twitter excuse!

I do have a handle on what muzzleloading is all about. I am about the least narrow minded person you will ever meet.

At the age of 17 my Golden Age Arms Company, flintlock, .45 caliber, Douglas barreled, brass-mounted, Lancaster longrifle showed up at my parents house. I saved minimum wage, after school wages for nearly a year to pay for the $330.00 cost of that rifle. That was in 1971.

With the exception of the adjustable powder measure, and the Dixie Gun Works scissors ball mould, I made everything else for that first rifle. I was too poor to do otherwise.

I was forced to teach myself, using copies of Muzzle Blasts magazine, and the first edition of The Lyman Black Powder Handbook. I had NO MENTORS. I had to learn everything the hard way. Only GOD knows how I survived without making a huge mistake that maimed, or killed me.

The only shoot that my father and I attended in southern Maryland that year, I was shunned. I am guessing because we were from the BIG CITY. That put a real sour taste in my 17 year old mouth.

My eyesight has been terrible since I was a small child. I have been spitballing the idea of scoping a flintlock since my first one. The ONLY reason I never have is that I have let the narrow minded people that are stuck in a time warp influence me. That, and stupid club rules like no aids for those of us that are ageing.....tang-mounted peep sights to help with eyesight......standing cross sticks for those that can no longer hold a long rifle steady.

There should be room in the sport of muzzleloading FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

This sport is DYING!!!! PERIOD!!!!@

And, has been for years.

Go on ANY m-l forum, and whenever a poll is taken the mean average age is somewhere in the late 60's. Most of the ages are in the 50's, 60's, 70's, & 80's. Very few people in their 20's, 30', & 40's.

And, regardless of what anyone might want to claim, it is this willingness to JUMP ON SOMEONE that offends another persons idea of what should be, that is discouraging the average hunter that only purchased an inline m-l for the extra deer tag, to become more involved in our sport. A single righteous minded person can turn away dozens of potential converts.

To get back to that first flintlock longrifle that I got at age 17 ( I am now 66).

You cannot imagine the amount of crap that I had to put up with from my peers, my parents, and their peers. For YEARS, the first time I saw someone the FIRST THING out of their mouth would be something like--"Do you STILL have that stupid OLD TIMEY GUN that you bought?"

ALWAYS said with a sneer on their face, and a nasty chuckle.

Because, for $330.00, any person in their RIGHT MIND would have purchased a Model 70 Winchester, .30-06, with a Leupold scope; instead of a STUPID flintlock rifle.

It wasn't until I went into the military, and moved away that I stopped hearing that crap.

So, after a succession of flintlock rifles, I figure that I have paid my m-l dues. And, if I want to scope a flintlock, then I will damn sight do so, regardless of what anyone might say, or think.
Over the years I have seen many older shooters forced to 'retire' from shooting because they can no longer see the sights. I am with you on anything that helps keep a person shooting.

Speechless!

sloclp.gif

For all my decidedly good-natured, yet steadfast and unwaveringly supportive comments throughout this entire journey, I like the way it turned out. Get some iron in that Sum'***** and let's see the whole shebang-a-bang!!

Back