Retired in TN

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Center-of-Mass

3 Antlers (count them)
Reaction score
I retired in 2014 after last "tour" in Afghanistan and bought nearly 200 acres of hilly woods and hollers in TN. No nearby neighbors, can shoot what I want, when I want, without problems. I like what I see in this forum. Lots of knowledgeable experienced folks willing to help one another. Muzzle-loader deer season starts here on Nov 4 for 2 weeks, then gun (centerfire rifle) season Nov 20 - Jan 5. On the ML side, I have a CVA Wolf, T/C Omega Z5, and a CVA Optima V2 pistol. Hope to nail a nice mature deer with the Optima V2 pistol this season if a get a nice shot <50 yds. I'm fortunate to have a lot of nice deer on my land.STC_0002.JPGSTC_0074.JPG

Attachments

• STC_0063.JPG
    STC_0063.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 7
Sounds like you have a great piece of land to hunt. And thank you for your service. :lewis:

Center of mass,, appreciate your service ,my youngest son's been in 10 years ,he still got another 10 to go Air Force special op ,,works with rangers and seals on a daily basis, I hope he moves to the country when he's out just like you!!

Appreciate your son's service in AFSOC. If he follows his heart, he'll be happy wherever he lands after the AF.

thank you for the kind words. I spent 9 months at Ft Drum (Watertown) Jan-Sep 1995. Saw some amazing forests and hunting grounds in the far NE area of the base.

thank you for the kind words. I spent 9 months at Ft Drum (Watertown) Jan-Sep 1995. Saw some amazing forests and hunting grounds in the far NE area of the base.
We rank 10th in public land in the usa. We have state and federal lands available to hunt for anyone interested. We have a diverse landscape, some all woods, like up north or a mix of farm land and woods, such as the watkins glen area. Welcome aboard..

Thank you. I really liked the people and the forests around Ft Drum. I stayed on the Lake shore at Sacketts Harbor and loved the lake too. Beautiful area.

I retired in 2014 after last "tour" in Afghanistan and bought nearly 200 acres of hilly woods and hollers in TN. No nearby neighbors, can shoot what I want, when I want, without problems. I like what I see in this forum. Lots of knowledgeable experienced folks willing to help one another. Muzzle-loader deer season starts here on Nov 4 for 2 weeks, then gun (centerfire rifle) season Nov 20 - Jan 5. On the ML side, I have a CVA Wolf, T/C Omega Z5, and a CVA Optima V2 pistol. Hope to nail a nice mature deer with the Optima V2 pistol this season if a get a nice shot <50 yds. I'm fortunate to have a lot of nice deer on my land.View attachment 17209View attachment 17210
Enjoy your Paradise.

The TN muzzleloader season doesn’t start until November 6 this year. Sounds like you have a great set up though.

Center,
Welcome to TN and to the forum. I have a small farm (93 acres) outside of Crossville. In-law's have the place next door which gives us about 365 acres to roam. Muzzleloader season is a special time of the year for us and the rest of the year is just days waiting for hunting season to get here.

Good luck this season and thanks for your service.

Back