Savage Vent Liners

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron S

Reaction score
I recieved some new vent liners from Savage this week. I had some of the older version with 3 holes. They traded them for the new ones. I've Been using the RW vent liners(they work great). The new ones from Savage have a counter sunk,or deeply concave area on the end. What's up with this? Have any of you tried these? I read somewhere that they thought these were supposed to help keep the carbon from building up so fast in the breech plug,is this true? Ron S

Ron S said:
The new ones from Savage have a counter sunk,or deeply concave area on the end. What's up with this? Have any of you tried these? I read somewhere that they thought these were supposed to help keep the carbon from building up so fast in the breech plug,is this true? Ron S

I can't see that would do anything to lessen the carbon buildup at all. :?

Darrell, I can't either! But that's what they claimed it was for( I wish Savage would send out a notice of what it is for)! There must be a reason for them to take the time to machine it into the vent-line,but for the life of me I can't figure it out! Ron :?

Mine came with the 3 hole version. Should these be switched out?

Ethang said:
Mine came with the 3 hole version. Should these be switched out?

Yeah...I would. Savage will probably do that for you, no charge. Call Joe DeGrande at (413) 568-7001. He's the goto guy concerning your Savage and he's one of the nicest most sincere guys you'll ever talk to. GREAT guy!

big6x6 said:
Ethang said:
Yeah...I would. Savage will probably do that for you, no charge. Call Joe DeGrande at (413) 568-7001. He's the goto guy concerning your Savage and he's one of the nicest most sincere guys you'll ever talk to. GREAT guy!

He is about the best guy Savage could have for customer support. He's all about making it right.

Yup! That's where my replacements came from! I wish I had of asked him what the new design was for,but I didn't see it until I got the replacements! Ron

Latest posts

Back