• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scope deals i will update as i find them

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 8x32 showed up a couple of days ago, haven't had time to really use them, but they are nice and light. Bright and crisp.

Mine will not ship from Adarama until after April 25th due to them being shutdown for Passover. Not in a rush to get them but looking to use something lighter than my 10x40 Burris binos for turkey hunting. We'll still have 2 weeks left assuming they get here by May 1st.

Mine will not ship from Adarama until after April 25th due to them being shutdown for Passover. Not in a rush to get them but looking to use something lighter than my 10x40 Burris binos for turkey hunting. We'll still have 2 weeks left assuming they get here by May 1st.
I bought a Leupold Rogue 10x25 last year. Nice and small. Wish i had bought the 8x instead. I may have to pickup a set of those SII 8x32s. At $70 it's very tempting.

I really like my Burris binos but for turkey hunting I think something smaller and lighter will work, especially if they are bright and clear. Leaves more room for snacks!

Binos are not one of the things ive dealt with much. So i have no frame of reference other than el cheapos. I can say im extremely happy with the BlueSky 10x32 and the SII 7x50s but those are a lot heavier. The sweet spot in the Blue Sky has a really nice image. Not very large but its also not even a 10th the cost of alpha glass either.

Now days you can get some pretty nice Chinese made bins like the Athlons and Kowa. I just didnt want to spend my money on more stuff from China and sofar ive been really happy with what i see/hear about Sightron. The STACs ive gotten for example are a great value for what you pay. Pretty much covers all the bases besides weight. They are a little on the heavy side.

10x42 or 12x42 MOA or Mil Quad (not offered in the package dealio but this is what it would cost)
Butler Creek cap kit
SWFA SS low rings
Sun Shade
Bubble Level
Shipped free with SHIP99
Grand Total $271.52

Kinda wanted the 16x42 but i didnt need all the package deal stuff but i did want some flip up caps. Just under $217 shipped for a 10x42 Mil-Quad and a set of Butler Creek caps. The 10x42 seemed more desirable if i want to sell it later too. Video reviews put the 10x and 16x at similar image quality BTW. The 16x being a tad darker but the image is still nice. The 16x is also a tiny bit smaller/lighter, not much. The main advantage with the 10x is the HUGE 140 MOA of adjustment and better exit pupil. (brighter) You can choose either UPS or USPS as the final delivery carrier also. I thought that was a nice touch. Both are free.

Video comparison of the lineup of SWFA SS fixed power scopes.

Well the glass is nicer than my S-TACs, love the reticle but the turret feel is no better. If anything its a tad more mushy/sloppy but feels like its getting better. Need to compare glass on my 3-16x42 set on 10x side by side but its well worth $200.

Amazon has 19 left of the BlueSky 10x32s for just $80 and the 8x32s for $100
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MF9U1O
BTW i love the cheaper ones i got off Optics Planet too. The are not BlueSky SIIs but still SIIs. I keep them near a window so i can checkout plants in my garden at the far end of the yard. :roll:

thanks for sharing what you folks find here . it's a lot of food for thought .

If the 10x42 swfa scope had capped turrets and a duplex retical that could be seen in low light I would have jumped on it a long time ago for hunting. these deer around here tend to come out pretty late.

I still know where to get a Bushnell Tac Ops 10x40 1inch tube (Made at Light Optical Works in Japan) for about $200. Still has target turrets but has a typical Mil dot reticle. The Tac Ops are the forerunners to the Elite Tactical line. Only thing i dont like is its a MOA turret and a Mil reticle. Other than that its extremely good glass for that kinda cash.

Back