Scope Preference

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preferred Power Range

• 2 x 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 x 9

• 4X fixed

• 6X fixed

• 1.5 x 6

• 2.5 x 8

• 2.5 x 10

• 3 x 12

• 4 x 16

• Not listed

• Total voters
AK47,

No problem just hard to buy bases and rings from the same manufacturer and each has their own different heights none seem to be the same. If they do make a base which Burris does not in the Weaver Style though there are many others that are good just like to try and match the brand if possible...

Take Care,
Mike/LFM

scope vote

thanks mike for the help I just found this site today and had a few questions. my typing skills are terrible takes forever for me to type. I guess I should take the time to fill out the info about myself. I live in mi myself (dearborn) thanks agin ak47

1.75 x6 ..bushnell trophy ...if i can't shoot it with that ,than it's too far for my muzzeloader ..[don't enjoy wounding game ]

:) 3x9x40 Bushnell elite 3200 have on on each of my Muzzleloaders. You can spend a lot more $ . For not alot more scope. Rain guard works!

I prefer a 2.5x10 ,it pretty well covers my shooting situations.

My 4th muzzleloader is an Omega and I am mounting a 10X Bushnell 3200 Elite Mildot. Working it all out with loads and trajectories should keep me busy for awhile. I shot my deer at 150 yards this year but may have a 210 yard shot next year.

I voted 3x9. I just put a 3x9x42 Sightron SII on my ML this year after reading RW's review on the Chuck Hawks website then looking at one for the first time this summer. I love it. It's clearer than alot of scopes that I've looked at that way more $. I also like the wider spacing between the heavy lines of their plex reticle compared to other brands that to my eyes seem to close together. I'll may put a 2x7x32 on my slug gun next summer.

I voted for 3X9X40 purely because of how much I like my Zeiss Conquest.

Before that I would have voted for 2.5X10X40 range.

I voted other because two of my four Swift Premiers are 4-14X40. Also have one 3-9X40 and one 4.5-14X44 mil-dot. I also punch quite a bit of paper and like the higher magnification.

Back