Scope suggestions.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf172

Reaction score
I have a 50 cal CVA Bobcat. Because of poor eye sight I need to wear 2 different pair of glasses. 1 for reading and 1 pair for driving. Because of this I can't see the sights clearly. I've decided to go ahead and buy a Dr. Pearson No-drill rail system but first I need to look at some good decently priced compact scope either in a fixed 4 or 1-4 power range. I've been looking at ones from CVLife, Monstrum, UTG and SVBONY. I'd also consider a reflex of holographic red dot. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• NoDrill.jpg
    NoDrill.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 2
Meade Optics in Japan made the Weaver K4 for a number of years. It is the very gloss black version of the K4. They are hell for stout. It is commonly used on slug guns due to its ability to handle recoil. Used in excellent condition, they should sell for $100 to $125. I have a couple of the 2.5 versions of that scope. Any of the fixed powers from Meade should hold up to recoil.

Well found out some info on that No-drill rail system. They said I shouldn't put a sight on it heavier then 4oz which rules out 99% of all rifle scopes and red dots. So I either stick with my non-adjustable fabricated rear peep sigh and front blade sight or have a gunsmith drill and tap the barrel on my CVA Bobcat and then attach a picatinny and scope

Unless you have signed up for disappointment training. Have it drilled and tapped. Red dots are good. A little pricy are the Vortex 1-6 strike eagles. They are on my slug guns and 2 MLs. After cataract surgery (15 years ago) my far vison was perfect, A fall down the basement stairs, changed that to less than perfect. Most of the time they (Scopes) are on 1X. Gives me the edge.

I got a barrel drilled and tapped for under $70. I've used old Leupold 2x7 Compact scopes (bought on eBay) on several of my rifles. They always get the job done, and are super light. You'll like a scope. You can adjust the lens to match your eyesight.

Right now Im waiting to hear from the people at Deer Creek Products, which is only and hour away to see if they can drill and tap my barrel and how much. Also waiting to hear from a seller on eBay about buying a Hammers long eye relief pistol scout scope 2-7x32 with Weaver rings and a picatinny rail.

Latest posts

Back