Shot the .36 today!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
We picked up caps for that 36cal navy Marty traded me. What a blast! I didn't have any 3f so I used 2f that I have for my 58 and used 15 grains, wow is she a fun little shooter! No recoil but a huge flash of flame.

i'll take some pictures next time out, but my brother in already hooked on it LOL.

15gr of 2F is kind of soft. Try 20gr.

I use to use 40gr in a .44 cal.

If the lighter load is accurate, I wouldn't see the need to max-it-out if you plan to use it only as a fun plinker or on small game.

Yes lot's of fire and smoke and you need to feel when the shot goes off as well...

When I was shooting CAS. I shot the Frontiersman class. That means two percussion cap revolvers, rifle, and shotgun. All of them have to use real BP. I used two Colt 1860 .44's, Winchester 73 in 44-40, and a coach gun 12 ga double barrel shotgun.

I loaded all of them with Swiss 2F. Swiss makes beautiful huge clouds of white smoke. You shoot 5 shots from each revolver, 10 shots from the rifle, and 4 shots from the shotgun as fast as you can. When i was done shooting you couldn't even see me through the smoke, and everybody is coughing and running away (woman). It sure was fun.  :D 

The youngsters on the range normally also run away when we start blasting away with the black powder !

Watched the vid.   I can only image what it must have been like for westerners' to duel back in the day.

2X smoke from both sides  :lol:

Latest posts

Back