Shot the Accura today while on duty...shhhhhh!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
PICT0482.jpg

80g of BH, 270g Powerbelt Platinum, CCIm 209. 2" three shot group at 100 yards... the wind was a little gusty so I think this load will shoot a little better than this. Not that this is all that bad, heck I think at least two of those shots would have killed a 100 yard squirrel,,, so a 100 yard deer or pig will be in trouble. I may try the 338's tomorrow or I may just say the heck with it and take this gun hunting... :)

Awesome! Always wanted to chat with someone who is shooting bh209 and a powerbelt.

Looks like that shot to the left is what opened the group. Those other 2 shots look excellent.

With the 338 dont be affraid to push it! They are tough.

that's some fine shooting in my book... way to slide them in there.

Really??? How many times did the phone ring... I'm sure they were all taking their noon time nap.

NO, not really!! 8) But they have called me a time or two. :shock:

Still liking 'er? (the rifle) Is the rifling on yours visually perfect like mine? 8)

UC, I love this gun... it does have excellent attention to detail.

Also guys I forgot to mention... anyone interested in shooting a Accura, Optima, Optima Elite or any CVA that shares this breech plug you will need a 7/64" drill bit to get the BH 209 carbon out, as opposed to the 1/8" that fits most other plugs.

OK THAT'S IT!!!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!!

You guys are making it REALLY hard for me, to AVOID buying this New Accura :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :x :wink:

But I keep telling myself....that my 45cal SS Disc Elite is all the rifle I need........Ya that's right,...Who needs that Fancy New shooting long gun thang anyway :shock: :? :? :p

:d'oh!: :wall: :think:

chuck needs to sell that traditions xlt2 he has and buy an accura. I agree with you 100% UC!

And Bat just needs to shoot some powerbelts to satisfy me :lol:

Chuck and Bat,

Consider this... both UC and myself have given this new CVA our stamp of approval. We both are muzzleloading enthusiast with a lot of experience. One of us is a cultured gentleman with a high IQ and tons of technical savvy. The other a Carolina redneck who just likes to kill sh*t and then post the pictures on MM (I'll let y'all decide who's who). Now I ask you, with the vast amount of knowledge that falls between those two specturms, can you honestly get a better review on a muzzleloader? :wink:

flint head said:
Chuck and Bat,

Consider this... both UC and myself have given this new CVA our stamp of approval. We both are muzzleloading enthusiast with a lot of experience. One of us is a cultured gentleman with a high IQ and tons of technical savvy. The other a Carolina redneck who just likes to kill sh*t and then post the pictures on MM (I'll let y'all decide who's who). Now I ask you, with the vast amount of knowledge that falls between those two specturms, can you honestly get a better review on a muzzleloader? :wink:

Okay,,,I considered it. Next question?? :lol:

FG,,,,,,,,that ain't gonna happen. 8)

Back