Smokeless or not

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee 9

Reaction score
I was just thinking what I might get when I realized that with 1/2 inch groups with several loads and the added velocity with no wipeing between shots and no worry about corrosive powder I already have everything I was going to switch to smokeless for.
Black Horn 209 does every thing except work in my pistol and my Hawken but since I mostly only shoot them for fum and use my inlines for hunting thats not much of a problem. I like bolt action cartridge guns but for some reason I like the break action MZ. so I guess I will find soome thing like a hunting trip to spend that money on hmmm Texas maybe?

like you ,i also enjoy the "break-open" action of my M.L. no more blow back ,and easy to clean .T7 powder [soap and water] up here in canada i can't buy the BLACKHORN 209 ,not available yet ..i realy hope they will also come out with pellets .50 gr. BLACKHORN 209 ..

Well BH does run through my powder measure very well and so I premeasure my loads that way, since it is made with a different base and I am inclined to believe from the results of my testing that it is progressive burning, I am inclined to believe that pellets would be very difficult if not impossable to make. I also believe that if you use quick loaders that there is only added expense and no advantage to pellets especally if you throw your loads with a powder measure. Lee

thanks for the reply Lee 9 i sure hope that you are wrong about BH 209 not being able to make .50 gr. pellets ..my partener uses loose powder on the fire range in his T/C TRIMUPH and it works well with him .but as soon as he goes hunting he is back with the pellets ...

Back