Sometimes It just sucks.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry to say I will miss the bow season. Last Friday I had quadruple bypass heart surgery. First couple days after were really rough. On the mend now though and can hunt the late gun season. Gotta look forward.

Yes, look forward. Follow your medical professional's advice and don't rush things.

Take care of yourself, some hunting is a hell of a lot better than no hunting.

Good to here your on the mend. By all means take care and don't rush it. I know that is easy to say but hard to do. But as twild said some hunting is better than none at all.

Good to hear you’re doing good. I don’t think I’m quite in the same situation as you, but I can say I know the feeling. My wife and I have to take my 6 month old to the hospital 2 hours away two times a week, plus having to work full time ...hunting season starts next week and I can’t see a time I can go.

Also just got my muzzleloader back from Bestill a month ago, yet have no idea when I’m ever gonna get a chance to shoot it.

Like I always say - it could be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While no where near the same category as you. Last November I undergone a Rotator Cuff surgery. I couldn’t even lift my rifle up. So to make the best of it I sat with my oldest grandson and watched him shoot his first 7 pointer! To me I got more satisfaction being with him that day!

BuckDoeHunter said:
I hope you heal extra fast and good luck on the gun season, late muzzleloader?
Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. It means a lot. I will be hunting the late gun season. I believe it starts 12/8?

Before my father had his bypass surgery he couldn't walk 50 yards without stopping to rest, 5 months after the surgery I couldn't keep up with him. It gave him a new lease on life. Hang in there and follow the doctors orders.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

herschel conyers said:
Before my father had his bypass surgery he couldn't walk 50 yards without 9stopping to rest, 5 months after the surgery I couldn't keep up with him. It gave him a new lease on life. Hang in there and follow the doctors orders.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk
A lot of people have told me same thing. I will work hard and find out.

Latest posts

Back