SpinJag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
anyone use one ??

I just received one today by the big brown Truck .
My jag spins on the ramrod and the jag loosens every time i load my gun . If i forget to tighten it, then i am packing the powder more with each load .

I don't think I understand exactly what you're saying...

Try a dab of lock tight and then tigten it with a wrench. It won't come loose.

I have a spin jag and i love the thing. I keep it on my ramrod all the time. Range and hunting.

The Spin Jag works great for me. The only word of advice I can give you. If you are using the standard length ramrod the came with your Encore the Spin Jag protrudes a couple inches past the muzzle. Using 777 its a must to clean the Spin Jag with water and and make sure it spins free. I made that mistake once and only once. I'm looking for a shorter ramrod but. I think I'm just going to shorten of the one I have now. Hopefully with BH209 the fouling won't have any affect on it. Let me know the results.

I use the ramrod on my encore so do not want to use locktight . I remove the Jag and keep it my fanny pack . I could get a range rod and locktight it but the bullet will still spin under the jag as the rifling makes it rotate , possibly putting groves or marks on the bullet . My not be a big deal . But every time i load my muzzy the jag rotates/loosens as much as two turns . If i forget to tighten it between shots and push down my load to the mark on my ramrod , then i will be packing the bullet/powder more than the shot before. The spinjag is a easy answer .

str8shooter48 said:
The Spin Jag works great for me. The only word of advice I can give you. If you are using the standard length ramrod the came with your Encore the Spin Jag protrudes a couple inches past the muzzle. Using 777 its a must to clean the Spin Jag with water and and make sure it spins free. I made that mistake once and only once. I'm looking for a shorter ramrod but. I think I'm just going to shorten of the one I have now. Hopefully with BH209 the fouling won't have any affect on it. Let me know the results.

I have a T-handle/power handle on my Encoe so i don't keep a jag on my muzzleloader .

After much hard labor with my ram rod i finally wised up and got a range rod (with a big handle made by knight) and do not use my ram rod. I just keep the ram rod on the gun until i need to use it in the field hunting. I have saved alot of time and headache this way. I also used lock tite for my range rod and worked great.

Guys regarding the spin jag, I went to the hardware store a few months ago and bought a 10-32 ss locking nut for 55 cents. I installed this on my spin jag to replace the brass hex nut that was on it because it always wanted to loosen up and was pretty annoying when trying to put it on the ramrod. I had tried loctite and tightening with pliers, they did not work for me. Hope this helps someone.

I do think its a cool idea . :shock: Will it make a difference in my accuracy, most likely not . But i used it today and it does load smother than my rod without it . I do realize that i could have used locktite or a lock washer . :D I just like the idea of my jag rotating with the sabot and rifling and not scaring the bullet surface . But that's just me , the crazy perfectionist that i am. :roll: I just wanted to know if anyone else had one . :D :D

Hey rob my bullet spins with my range rod too, the handle spins not the jag, works pretty good too.

You might try warshing the threads with alk. let dry and put a quarter of a drop of blue locktite om the end of the screw threads before you put it back together. If you do this correctly you can still get it apart with pliers.

Back