Spring 2023, where are you hunting?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambushunter

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. My son and I will be chasing them in MI & IN, I will be hosting a turkey hunt in KS with three youth hunters and a paraplegic hunter. Also hoping to have time to make a stop in SD.

Texas muzzleloader season opens tomorrow, and I’m going to try to kill a doe with my new to me MK85.
I don’t generally hunt turkeys on my place in Oklahoma due to the numbers being down for a few years, but since I know the neighbors will be hunting them, I may see if I can call one in this year.

There's a chunk of state land just north of me.
This past season, I had birds gobbling every time I went.
On the last day of the season, I called in 6 jakes. Could have shot at least one but decided to pass.
I'll definitely be up there again in April. Lord willing.
I'm also invited to hunt both Michigan and Vermont this year too.

Texas… Whitetail through February, Texas Managed Lands Program provides the extended season. Axis until I find that special one!

If I draw a tag, antelope and mule deer. Saw a lot of turkeys while hunting deer in 2022 so maybe I’ll give them a go. Can’t afford other states so I’m at the mercy of my own. It’s getting harder here to draw any hunting permit.

Latest posts

Back