T/C Round Ball Twist Barrels

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
I know from many of the older posts that I have read, that several members have 1-66" twist, round ball barrels that they have collected over the years that they are not using.

As you might know from my posts, I have been exploring several different options, rifled and smooth bore, with Scott at Colerain Barrel Co to put in a Renegade stock.

However, I live on a fixed income, and I am willing to consider any options that will save me money.

All of the options with Colerain are going to cost me in the neighborhood of $400-$450, as I have NO TOOLS OR PLACE TO WORK.

And, realistically, I have to look at my current age and physical condition; and weigh this against what I WANT, versus what I NEED.

Confederate rifleman has a T/C Hawken stock that I might be able to assemble into a shooting rifle for less than the Renegade that I lust for.

Does anyone have a 15/16" round ball twist barrel in .45, or .50 caliber that they are not using, that they would be willing to part with?

A .45 would be my preference, but I'd certainly accept any offers of a .50.

Thanks,
Bruce

Nope, aint giving up my GM 1/66" . I am sure Track Of The Wolf still sells the 50 cal. Green Mountain 15/16" barrel. The only thing I dont like about it is it is 33" long and I use it for hunting. The barrel was $286 delivered to my door in about 3 days. I dnt think you will go wrong. I just got back shooting my TC Hawken with that barrel and it is not going to bother your shoulder one bit, I can tell you that. I was only dumping in 45 gr. Swiss # 2F today. I shot a fairly decent 50 yd group of about 1 1/2" but it was 6 shots and one , of course was a flyer . Withought the Fyer, it would have been about 1 1/2" or so . That big barrel keeps the kick down. I also think my home made round balls shoot better than the Speer balls I bought.

And $ 286 is not bad at all , and besides, it is new like Idaho said. Muzzleloaders are well mown for people shooting them off and " forgetting to clean them. You just dont know for used, did they double load it? Did they put 200 gr of black in it? Hard to tell when used.

Latest posts

Back