T/C Shockwave

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black powder

Reaction score
who manufactures the .250 gr. shockwave # T8242 for T/C ???? HORNADY or BARNES ??? this morning the temperature was below freezing and could not group at all with my DEAD CENTERS .250GR ..so i switched over to the T/C shockwave and was on target ..ps. i use 100 gr. of T7 ...

lungbuster1 said:
HORNADY

THE TC SHOCKWAVE AND THE HORNADY SST SAME BULLET.

yes i measured the diam. of the bullets and both are .452 ...but tell me why the SHOCKWAVE is easier to load down the barrel ,than the HORNADY?????????

The only difference between the SST and TC Shockwave is the sabot used.

i also noticed i can get 20 HORNADY SST but only 15 T/C SHOCKWAVE for the same price ..[ is somebody taking me for a ride ????]

Montreal will soon be opening up a Cabela's store and they carry 30 packs. You have a Bass Pro in Toronto that should carry them as well.

Curtis

I tried to find out just how many thousands and thousands of shock-wave bullets Hornady is making for T/C and Hornady won't say. They would say it was "a ton of them". I asked if it botherd them that T/C was selling more shock-waves than Hornady was SST bullets. The answer was "nope"

Bass Pro does not sell the 30 packs of shock-waves in their retail stores.

The basic difference in price is the cost of packaging. the bullets. Labor cost is Nebraska are half of New Hampshire.

The good news is the Canadian dollar is "equal" to the American dollar so
you guys are almost on an equal footing except for import fee's on American made bullets.

Chocdog

Actually the Canadian dollar is worth more that the US dollar but that hasn't translated to better prices here. Seems the excuse is that they still have the expensive stock bought before the increase in value.

Having shot both the standard Shockwave and the Bonded Shockwave into phone books I can tell you they are not the same. Of the two Shockwaves which is the same as the SST? I would really like to shoot the bonded Shockwave bullet but have yet to find them in bulk, I'm talking 50 packs without sabots. I don't care if they are called Shockwaves or SST's, would just like to find them in bulk.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back