T/C Treehawk

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tennesee

Reaction score
I need some info what type of bullet for this M/L,I have some powerbelt 245 grn. Would these be good. Most of my shots will be under 75 yds and I would like some good knock down power. I shoot t-7. any suggestions. Thanks in advance for any info.

Does the Treehawk have a 21" barrel with a 1-48 twist? That is how I remember them and I could be wrong. If you are going to shoot the 245 grain Powerbelts and it will shoot them accurate, that would be a good bullet to shoot them with.

You might also want to try some 370 grain Maxiball with a wonderwad under them, or even some R.E.A.L. conicals in the 320 grain range. They might also shoot well.

Of course if that rifle does have a 1-48 twist, do not overlook the roundball. I have shot a lot of deer out of a roundball rifle and it does just fine. You have to be careful with shot placement as you are with anything you shoot, but roundball is deadly. I shoot Renegades and they shoot 90 grains of Goex 2f and a patched roundball with outstanding accuracy. They are .54 caliber but still.

One year with 80 grains of Pyrodex and a roundball, I had the misfortune to shoot through one deer killing it, and spined a second deer, killing it also. Thank goodness I had enough tags to fill out that day. But who would have ever thought a roundball would have that kind of power....

Good luck with your hunting.

I was at a different site and a poster said his Treehawk had a 1-20 twist with a 21 inch barrel. WOW.. that's a fast twist. If your rifle is like that you might want to try some sabots or big long conicals out of it...

cayuga said:
I was at a different site and a poster said his Treehawk had a 1-20 twist with a 21 inch barrel. WOW.. that's a fast twist. If your rifle is like that you might want to try some sabots or big long conicals out of it...

The TreeHawk does indeed have a 1:20 twist and the 21 inch barrel sounds right. They came in .50 caliber and .12 ga. barrels too.

Hi- I have a treehawk that I've been using for about 6 years (before my switch to the Savage 10MLII)- the only thing it likes to shoot is saboted bullets-after MANY shots :oops: I found that neither the maxi, minnie or round ball will group well out of it- I tried some of the Hornady 45/250gr sabots from Walmart and it groups great. :D ..glad I tried them as I was about to give up on it. The fast twist is what originally sold me on the gun- close to the old sharps rifle twist- :roll: but it took a bit of time to find the right bullet to match the twist - now its a keeper. -Getonit-

have a tree hawk[its was my"its raining muzzleloader", plastic stock and rust resistant finish] try buffalo bullets 270 hollow point ball-ets w/80-100gr pyrodex rs or equiv, shoots well for me[2" @50w/open sights]

am looking for the shotgun bbl for this application, anybody out there have one for sale?

psa said:
I'd love a shotgun barrel for my Treehawk too.

I would guess that the New Englander .12 shotgun barrel would also fit the TreeHawk frame. It wouldn't be camoflaged though. Just a thought in case you can't find the TreeHawk barrel.

Latest posts

Back