Talked to Barnes today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
Now they are saying the first of March! :cry: I have been fired up for months wanting try those .458 rascals.They are killing me!!!

Barnes is obviously having some production issues. I just tried ordering some Barnes MZ bullets from Cabelas..no dice. Backorder for 7-8 WEEKS! :shock:

Also tried to order the same bullets packaged from Knight...backordered as well..

ALSO...If you have not noticed lately..Midsouth has stopped stocking Barnes MZ projectiles altogether..They also don't have any of the Knight packaged Barnes bullets... :?:

I think that they got caught with their pants down on this one.I believe demand far exceeded their expectations.Hopefully they get it together.I see no other explanation.

anyone looking for the barnes bullets,

if you are an FFL or can have an FFL dealer order from these places they have plenty on hand.
there probably is several other distributors that have them in stock but this is just the places i checked to see if they had them on hand

Sports South seems to have the most on hand when i checked 1-18-06

Sports South, Inc.

manufacturer's numbers shown

BRNS 45125 EXP-MZ 50C .451 250 10pk

BRNS 45150 EXP-MZ 50C .451 250 25pk

BRNS 45124 EXP-MZ 50C 245 SPTZ MZ 10pk

BRNS 45123 .451 250 XPB 20pk (bullets only)

BRNS 45831 .458 250 X-FN 20 pk (bullets only)

BRNS 45832 .458 300 X-FN 20 pk (bullets only)

Graf & Sons

BARNES 50cal 245gr EXP-MZ BULLET w/SABOT 10/bx
Item Number: BA45124

BARNES 50cal 285gr EXP-MZ BULLET w/SABOT 10/bx
Item Number: BA45129

BARNES 50cal 285gr EXP-MZ BULLET w/SABOT 25/bx
Item Number: BA45155

Jerry's Sport Center

JSC Number BBB45120
Manufacturer BARNES BULLETS Man. Number 45120
BARNES .451 225GR XPB PER 20

Take Care,

Hey Gun Doc thanks for the great info. I am sure many will appreciate it. The Bullet Tar-12 was refering to though was one you did not list, as he did not name it specifically. It is the .458 semi-spitzer 300 grain original, designed for use in centerfire rifles, not muzzleloaders, however many have found it to be an excellent bullet in the Savage. They have been sold out of these for some time and many are trying to locate them. If you have any information on that bullet it would be much appreciated as well. Thank you, Rifleman

Graf & Sons is out of nearly everything made by Barnes.

As far as Barnes is concerned, I understand underestimating production demands for the TMZ, but the Expander and Spit-Fire are known quantities...why are most retailers out of these?? Inexcusable...

Placed an order with Cabelas for the Knight packaged Barnes T MZ on 1/20/06- was told they were on backorder but were due in that day and computer wasnt updated. Ordered them in 250 and 290 grain as well as some 250 Expanders, Ill let you know later this week if they come in.

MQ32shooter said:
Placed an order with Cabelas for the Knight packaged Barnes T MZ on 1/20/06- was told they were on backorder but were due in that day and computer wasnt updated.

That's kinda odd! When you try to put them in your cart on the website, this is what it says......

This item is on backorder. Cabela's estimates it will take 6-7 weeks to ship this product.

:? :?

Nic 58: I had called and placed my order. The service rep I talked to said they were due in the 20th and it was in the wee am hours of the 20th when I placed my order. The rep told me that the computer probably wasnt updated as that is done during normal working hours. I hope he was right, guess Ill find out later on this week.

Latest posts

Back