Teflon Tape

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The purpose of the Teflon tape is to simulate a fouled bore.

I’m sure I did something wrong. I’ll just foul the barrel like I used to. Though 777 squibs aren’t like pyrodex

Pryodex P if that is what you are referring to leaves a soft oily fowling in your bore. That’s is why I’ve been able in the past to fire so many rounds without having the need to swab the bore.

I use my easy to find CCI caps for dirtying up the barrel. My RWS are saved for shooting and hunting.
I have fairly good access to the RWS caps. jlynch if you are in need of some let me know and I can send you a couple of tins of them, or rather now a days ''plastics''.

Thanks for the offer but you would have to use a gun dealer with FFL and sent it to another one in NY. I have maybe 25 RWS primers I use for hunting only and the rest of the time I use CCI or Remington, whichever I can find.

t

Thanks for the offer but you would have to use a gun dealer with FFL and sent it to another one in NY. I have maybe 25 RWS primers I use for hunting only and the rest of the time I use CCI or Remington, whichever I can find.

t
10-4
I wasn't thinking about the trouble of shipping them when I made the offer. I'm guessing I would have to send them as some type of hazmat to other places also. The strangle hold really sucks.
I get mine from Ft Chambers Black Powder Shop in Scotland ,Pennsylvania. It is right off exit 20 along Interstate 81. If you know of anyone traveling past that way you might be able to have them Pony Express some for you.
Good Luck

"Instead of wrapping them how about cutting two pieces and cross them over the bottom and bring them up to the middle of the bullet? Someone posted that before and it seemed like a good idea."

This is what I do. Works well for me.

Back