The hand we're dealt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D55

Reaction score
It's been a sayin' for years that, if I knew I would live this long I'd have taken better care of myself, but I am confident that is BS. I am having next month a partial knee replacement as the cartilage is gone. I'd have the whole thing done but can only afford a partial šŸ™ƒ. I am confident some of us were dealt a hand from less than a full deck:think:.

It's been a sayin' for years that, if I knew I would live this long I'd have taken better care of myself, but I am confident that is BS. I am having next month a partial knee replacement as the cartilage is gone. I'd have the whole thing done but can only afford a partial šŸ™ƒ. I am confident some of us were dealt a hand from less than a full deck:think:.
Partial? You get half now and half later? Sorry, shouldnā€™t be poking fun at a senior citizen... ;-) good luck with your surgery and recovery!

Well I'm a ways away from 97 and have survived cancer, 19 yrs, and have had many surgeries. I have a passion for deer hunting and am trying to keep my wheels under me so as to keep living the dream. I know I am not alone with the wearing out of parts. This was only to make light of my own deterioration. I will keep going deer hunting if I have to crawl out there, as long as I can get to the woods I'll be a happy camper. Best to your FIL Bad Karma. If we don't laugh about it we will cry about it.

D55, I had a partial knee replacement on my left knee back in Jan 2016 or 2015. That's all the doc said I needed. I will be 65 in June and was 59 when I had it done. Got a sports one so I could run or walk a lot. So happy I did it, PT was a ***** but have full range of motion. Its been great. Now looking at my right knee, shots are not working and even had a nerve ablation done. Cyst behind the knee keeps coming back. Doc says probably a full replacement this time as the kneecap has deteriorated from arthritis. Getting it done in August and they now have a robot assist, scar much smaller and quicker recovery. Hopefully be able to go out in October for bow season. Once replaced you will get relief and wonder why you waited so long! Worst thing for me was the anesthesia, it made me sick for 2 weeks.
John

My doc is also a sports medicine doc for the Wheeling Nailers hockey team and said I only need the partial. Plan on PT as all I have talked to claim it is essential in a proper outcome. I will probably add some powder burning therapy in also

Good luck! I'm recovering from a triple bypass
. 3 weeks , 1 day, and 12 hrs till I can shoot again. ( 12 weeks for sternum to totally heal) I was supposed to be dead from a sarcoma 9 years ago. Most people (99.999%) die in the first 5-6 months. I'm here for a reason and still tryin to figure that one out. Prayers for ya!

Mike

I have had both knees fully replaced. Anyway my fathers knees were gone too but he refused the help. Cortezone shots is all he took. His doctor said you are only allowed so many a year, but at his age he can have them whenever he needs them. He passed at 89 and was walking every day.

Well I'm a ways away from 97 and have survived cancer, 19 yrs, and have had many surgeries. I have a passion for deer hunting and am trying to keep my wheels under me so as to keep living the dream. I know I am not alone with the wearing out of parts. This was only to make light of my own deterioration. I will keep going deer hunting if I have to crawl out there, as long as I can get to the woods I'll be a happy camper. Best to your FIL Bad Karma. If we don't laugh about it we will cry about it.
Thanks D55... heā€™s a really good man.

Iā€™ve not been cut on to the extent of some of you old guys but attitude is everything and laughing and keeping a smile on your face go a long way towards making it bearable

Back