The thrice cursed flichlock....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always sight in my hunting rifles at 100 yards. my custom 50 cal 1/32 twist muzzleloader keeps a one hole group useing a 9 power scope. my mountain man side lock with a 1/28 twist barrel, 35 inches long with 80 grains of real black and a 535 grain cast bullet keeps a group that a 50 cent piece can cover. that gun is a freight train coming at a critter. 100 yards and a tight group is what you need.

I had another good day at the range today, 50 yards, offhand, off body loading with my pedersoli 50 cal flint lock.

I increased the load to 65 grains this time and kept my point of aim on the bulls eye and got some good results, as the extra 5 grains lifted the point of impact a little.

Ignore the flyer at 2 o clock that was a hang-fire.

Had to stop shooting when i ran out of patch material.  :cry:

img_5211.jpg

use your shorts Mike ...  :lol!:   :cheers:  you guys downunder do wear shorts I would think, that's the Queens request isn't that correct???  :slaps:

Mike, try another 5 grains and it should be pretty right.  Nice improvement.  Two more days !

cheers 

Gordon

I think that flyer might have been from when you used the metric system to load with.

Buck Conner said:
use your shorts Mike ...  :lol!:   :cheers:  you guys downunder do wear shorts I would think, that's the Queens request isn't that correct???  :slaps:

Mate, do you have any idea how bloody cold it is here at the moment? If I wore shorts my knees would freeze and snap off!

heelerau said:
Mike, try another 5 grains and it should be pretty right.  Nice improvement.  Two more days !

cheers 

Gordon

Winner! We've got the skirmish shoot on Sunday, you in for some shiggles?

As I am only home for 5 days, will likely be cutting firewood. Will let you know when I get back.

heelerau said:
As I am only home for 5 days, will likely be cutting firewood. Will let you know when I get back.
Well fingers crossed mate, it should be a heap of fun and it would be hilarious if you turned up with the BFG! :D

Back